My commissions at Linkshare haven't moved by a penny for the last 2 days. Anyone else have the same experience?

ABW Ambassador
    mine have moved about a nickel. LOL!! But it's been slower than usual. I think they are having tracking problems. Oneday when I went to get my stats it said $0 when I know it was just $300+ the day before. Then later that same day my stats showed up. Something is up with that.

Hey Tom. Yup I think it is pretty much all of us. I did show a few leads just a little while ago. About a tenth of what it should be and only because the merchant updates stats all day long. Read the thread below.

CLick Here ABout Linkshare Tracking

I have been dead in the water with my biggest merchant at Linkshare since Nov 26th. The merchant says Linkshare is having problems with their reports. Linksnare will give me no estimate as to when they will be fixed, and it took several emails and phone calls before they would admit there was a problem.

[ 12-14-2001: Message edited by: malibber ]

Malibber, Did they say if they were catching the leads and sales or are they lost. Probably a dumb question. I doubt they would admit it anyways.

ABW Ambassador
    no update in the reports for me, either.

The merchant in question said they had all of my sales in question. They said they would see to it I got paid. I am just totally dumfounded I don’t know if I am blowing my budget or making a profit.

ABW Ambassador
    LS is updating.
    I just had a sale go through for $23.00 my commission $1.84 for one merchant.

Linkshare is very merchant specific when it comes to reporting I have found.

Yup, all my stats have been caught up and it looks like everythign was caught. Leads and sales all seem normal. Well no sales. Yup thats normal. Lots of leads though.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I actively use about 80 LS merchants ( stat reports still show 134 YTD) and mostly the name brand ones with moderate to expensive items. Total sales from Nov 1st til now ( Primetime Holiday shopping) 1186.00. My commish ..less than the server hosting fee. What's up with the one hundred hours to revise my Malls with Christmas promotions and the merchants sell squatt. Traffic up ..clicks up..sales down. Love it when I question them all on tracking sales and they respond like clones that they don't guarantee sales based upon clicks. My view is that any merchant that can't record one sale on 500 targeted clickthroughs is playing reporting games. Now if a merchant like Franklin Mint goes through 2 complete Christmas seasons with 1846 clicks ( don't ask the impressions) without a sale then I assume they don't accept online orders.

I know what you mean about Franklin Mint. Hallmark is even worse. Two holiday seasons they are the first to send holiday links, I put links all over my holiday mini-site and no sales. Finally one sale was posted last week. Then my wife reminded me that she bought something.

For six months I had a #1 ranking for "king kooker turkey frier" on Google. Sent thousands of clicks to beOutdoors.com and not one sale but I sure got a lot of traffic out of it.

I'm glad I got that out of my system. Feel better now!

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread