Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Don't you hate it when ...

It's prime shopping season ....

You send tons of hits to Amazon ....

AND ... They don't update their stats for days!!!
    :mad:

Dave

dhelle

Yea it a pain but it's a nice surprise when you've made a few sales. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

BTW amazon.co.uk and amazon.de update more often than amazon.com. :confused: :confused:

ABW Ambassador
    You're singin' my song, dhelle. I have a page that got a good google ranking and it's been crankin' like mad this week for most of the other suppliers on that page... I'd really like to know if the amazon links should stay, but not until they update the bloomin' reports...

ABW Ambassador
    My pages rock this time around ... So ... It better be more than a few!!

Dave

Ditto Dave. I'm getting a lot of page views. It would be nice to see if the links I added are converting or not. 4 days without a clue really sucks.

ABW Ambassador
    Agree Packy..

Whats up with that?

I thought they delay tracking 1 day ... It's Amazon.

Dave

I know it's a pain, but it sure is nice when they update! I also got some nice placements, and if they don't convert I think I've found some replacement merchants. Of course, I have yet to find something they don't convert in. They convert. They pay. Okay, so I don't have live stats.

BTW, for those of you on the amazon-affiliates email list, the newest beta of amazon.pl by Cusimano.com scripts is including a feature in the script parameter which will grab the keyword from your search like Digital Windmill (but not feed someone elses' ppc links at the top of the results.

Amazon is amazing...last year at this time of the year we sent them 125,000 visitors and earned from our share of the take a whole $1,250 or thereabouts. This means Amazon sold $25,000 from our efforts or $.20 for every visitor who bought on the first visit. They probably made twice that from people who returned and bought but since they didn't have to pay us for those sales who knows for sure.

But it's money so, it can't be all bad, and we did get the check which is in itself a major plus. The biggest drawback to Amazon's affiliate program is they have a zero day cookie...i.e. if the visitor doesn't buy right then you lose any sale that is made afterwards.

I have sent more than a few notes to Jeff Bezobrain the CEO about this fact, asking to at least use a 30 day cookie and about
    paying a 1 cent per click against commissions, if the cookie stays the same. But all I get back is a bunch of corporate crap about how it's not apart of our business model.

These morons may have millions of dollars but the bottom line is that they have NEVER made a profit and it is real doubtful they ever will, contrary to Bezobrains spin to investors.

50 plus percent of their traffic comes from
    affiliates - just maybe if the affiliate got something more than $.60 for the sale of a book, they might send way more traffic which would turn into way more sales.

It's a wonder how shareholders who have lost over a billion dollars in market cap let these idiots continue to **** them and the people that would make their investment worth more than toilet paper and a promise.

How the heck can you lose money taking in $.20 per investor to your website? Answer pure stupidity.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yup week old stats really suck.

At least Commission Junction allows you to look at the stats in something approaching real time - never usually more than a day's delay in any case. Amazon haven't updated the stats part for two years.

I think the end of last quarter we had a two week delay for the stats.

I send loads of visitors but don't make much money [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] - less than cents per visitor on average. It takes a whopping 42 visitors to get a sale, for which I earn an average of $1.65.

Mind you, if I look at it the Commission Junction way, I get an EPC of $3.87 compared to CJ vendors which isn't bad. CTR of 5.1% which is pretty good. Reversal rate 1.1%.

Most of my traffic is IT/technical/security related, so I get good sales on expensive textbooks. Anyone else want to trade stats? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Grrrr, I have a good listing in google and I have Amazon as the main merchant on the page. I am gonna have to replace them if stats aren't up by tomorrow. There is no reason for not showing the stats. This really sucks.

ABW Ambassador
    It's been over a week now. Not acceptable ... But what are ya gonna do ??? :rolleyes:

Bend over and wait [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Regards,
    Dave

I have just recently started to seriously promote them and I've found they are fetching some money in (around $30.00 per month) maybe more in the future when the engines pick up on the pages.

I know it's not good to have to wait for the stats but at least we know they will Pay us [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] unlike some that are mentioned here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I guess I will hang about with them [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Amazon has started to update stats. They are on the 26th now.

oh I like it, 2 cameras and 1 dvd sold for one days update, hope they are all like this :-)

I've just checked my stats at CJ it's my best day ever for visitors [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

but according to CJ I've not made a bloody sausage, not one sale [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] and they say there is nothing wrong with the tracking :confused:

All I can say is thank God amazon don't use our "trusted third party" for their tracking.

I've just had a whining session at Amazon for not updating the stats. If no-one objects, I'll mail a link to this thread.

f

Yeah but still a week behind [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

But yup, they always pay up, they have a good product range and people trust 'em.

ABW Ambassador
    I had 19 sales ... But I'm thinking it's for the entire missing week. The dates didnt update but the sales did.

Hope I'm wrong [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Dave

[ 12-04-2001: Message edited by: dhelle ]

I had a sale for $5.00. Woohooo! Hmmmm! who can I call with my quarter I made.

It looks promising though so I think I will add more of their links. I have never really pushed them until now.

ABW Ambassador
    From the horses mouth ...

quote:
    The reporting data from November 26 through today is unavailable at this time. We appreciate how important these reports are to our Associates and apologize for the delay. As always, our goal is to provide you with timely data as soon as possible, and we hope to begin updating reports soon. Thank you for your patience.

No Sales Will Be Lost ... ROTF

Dave

Stats are now updated thru the 27th! Progress!

ABW Ambassador
    28th. Rolling right along now.

WoooHooo, Rolling on the 29th and I had 9 sales between the 26-29. Go baby, Go baby

Wow.. I just sold a set of $139.99 earrings. *Earrings* of all things! I didn't even know they sold that kinda stuff.

You gotta love Amazon sometimes, I direct link to techie and horror items, but actually sell all sorts of cool stuff instead [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Up to 29th November now.. 2 days update today.. we're getting there!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast