Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    I personally will not be using the service. Not just yet.

I am preparing several targeted e-mails to various affiliates, depending on their status. TigerDirect has evolved tremendously from days long ago. Since August, when I took control, we have made significant gains in the program. I feel that many "inactives" may have not activated when they found out the program was not what they anticipated at that time. When we launched in May of last year, we had only devoted part -time resources to this program. That has changed, we are working to make this a top notch within our industry.

I understand that affiliate activation rates are influenced by several factors, including level of comfort, communication and ability to see results. In the past 2 months, I have re-activated over 85 affiliates that were not active within our program - simply by communicating with them and explaining the new developments. These affiliates are seeing results, they are making money. We have more that doubled our impressions and the CTR's are through the roof.

I for one, do not believe in deactivating affiliates so quickly. It takes very little time to send out a targeted e-mail and convert non actives to actives. Maybe after 3 - 4 bounced e-mails, I will remove since I can't communicate with them, but as long as I can communicate with them my hopes are up that they will bring me that one sale that will turn them around..

Just me 2 cents,

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com
    7795 W. Flagler St, Ste 35
    Miami, Fl 33144
    P: (305) 415-2313
    F: (305) 415-2149
    E: andy.rodriguez@tigerdirect.com
    AIM: miamitigercub

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2001 10:24 AM
    To: usamc@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: RE: [USAMC list] Activation rates & dropping inactives

Looks like beFree is going to start pushing merchants to drop
    inactives... see email received today:

Inactive Partner Deletion Program

Be Free is pleased to announce a new program designed to help you focus
    on your producing partners. This new program will allow you to delete
    partners in your program who joined over a year ago and have never
    placed a link to your site or generated a single impression or click
    through. Please log on to Customer Connection and go to the Inactive
    Partner Deletion Program page for more details. This program will
    require you to take action if you do not wish to participate, so make
    sure you check it out![PARA]If you do not have a log on to Customer
    Connection, go to: http://customer.befree.com, and click on the "If you
    do not have a username and password" link.[PARA]Sincerely,[NL]The Be
    Free Team

Happy Holidays to all & wishes for a successful holiday season!!
    Regards,
    Marc A. Ross
    Affiliate Management (affiliates@diamond.com)
    Odimo Incorporated: Diamond.com

Reply to marcr@diamond.com
    Office # 954-835-2233 x. 1216
    Toll-Free # 1-888-DIAMOND (342-6663)

ABW Ambassador
    I wish befree would let affiliates drop themselves out of programs.

When you sign up there you do not know what kinds of links they have, how good the performance is, etc. As far as you know the program has never paid a dime and is ripping off all of its affiliates. But you cannot drop a merchant program except by contacting the merchant.

Befree is terrible from the affiliate point of view. A good affiliate manager can make up for a lot of the bfree deficiencies, but there is still that stigma just from being associated with such a shady operation.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Don't put me on the deactivation list Andy I'm trying to beatout ABW this month in TD sales. As far as BeFree's tools for merchants they should concentrate on verifying individual product links tracking. Sure hope TD verifys this on a regular basis since PcConnections -MicroWarehouse and Overstock individual links have never shown a sale in over 14 months. BeFree also has no way to notify affiliates if a merchant drops out of the program unless the merchant notifies their affiliate base. Case in point AirFource.com a custom high end bicycle e-tailer dropped out with no notice. I have no way to get rid of 16 merchants there who went bellyup in 2000 and 2001 since they never reply to e-mail requests or no longer have a valid e-mail address or website. TigerDirect does convert traffic as I've made 182.00 with them in Dec.

[ 12-22-2001: Message edited by: EcomCity.com ]

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Mike,

Your one of my best partners, I'd never put you on a deactivation list!!

You are smoking this month, and your website is a great example on how to use TD product links. Keep on pumping, you just might make it to the top 10 list this month !!

Cheers,

AR

quote:
    Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    Don't put me on the deactivation list Andy I'm trying to beatout ABW this month in TD sales. As far as BeFree's tools for merchants they should concentrate on verifying individual product links tracking. Sure hope TD verifys this on a regular basis since PcConnections -MicroWarehouse and Overstock individual links have never shown a sale in over 14 months. BeFree also has no way to notify affiliates if a merchant drops out of the program unless the merchant notifies their affiliate base. Case in point AirFourse.com a custom high end bicycle e-tailer dropped out with no notice. I have no way to get rid of 16 merchants there who went bellyup in 2000 and 2001 since they never reply to e-mail requests or no longer have a valid e-mail address or website.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread