Retailmenot to CouponerStore & BradsDeals
    I feel like we are living in a world where "throw the money and see the miracles" exist very strongly. Retailmenot is on top since long, and we are hearing same and very few common names for coupon sites for long. Why the new websites like CouponerStore, BiggestCouponCode or many others are not coming that place? Is money that factor?
    Last edited by Wanny; May 27th, 2015 at 09:26 AM.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    RetailMeNot started by going after organic traffic, then was bought out and lots of money was invested in it. BradsDeals is still a large site with high conversion and is doing well. They are particular about who they work with unlike RetailMeNot who tries to list every merchant possible.

I never heard of the two sites you mentioned, Retailmenot is my first destination when looking for a coupon among others. i like the clean interface and how easy and fast you can find a coupon or store, certainly can't complain about their popularity, but i hate their search engine monopoly, as i try to run a niche coupon site.
    that is how you screw them in SERPs, thousands of niche coupon sites!

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanny View Post
    Is money that factor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    RetailMeNot ... was bought out and lots of money was invested in it.
    Yes, lots of money is the factor.

5. Thanks From:

Money but you've to be clever enough to spend the money on right thing

7. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    RetailMeNot started by going after organic traffic, then was bought out and lots of money was invested in it. BradsDeals is still a large site with high conversion and is doing well. They are particular about who they work with unlike RetailMeNot who tries to list every merchant possible.
    You are pretty right Hamrick.. But are you sure ut's all about that 'organic traffic'? Without lots of money could this all be possible?

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    They've also been around for many years, were one of the first to market, as well as had investment money. While you may be able to change the last item, you can't do anything about the other two, which are critical factors.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

If you have not heard of these two other websites, you must visit one. At least do visit CouponerStore . com, as I myself liking this website with neat, speedy and friendly interface. I have followed its growth but I am unable to see that niche for such young websites because I didn't find them 'throwing' money in google space.
    No doubt that such young sites need a lot of improvements but the standard these are providing put question mark on their 'not-that-famous' website.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't see anything unique about this above site. Looks just like a cookie cutter coupon site, built to look like Retailmenot.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Age, Relevance and $$$ - pretty powerful combination
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

13. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    You are pretty right Hamrick.. But are you sure ut's all about that 'organic traffic'? Without lots of money could this all be possible?
    They capitalized on organic rankings before any investment dollars and before Google started suppressing sites. With investment they have been able to capitalize on technology and staffing.

15. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateWarrior View Post
    Age, Relevance and $$$ - pretty powerful combination
    Now this is my point.. Thank you Affiliate Warrior

I am not saying if that website is unique one comparatively but just saying that it is also a well made coupon site though just 5 years old but its ranking is less than the services, quality, and authenticity it is providing to its users.
    I always end up with useful coupon or discount code of my interest at CouponerStore, though much improvement is still needed.

But I guess I have gotten my answer that money does matter, along with age and relevance.

Thank you

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread