Howdy, can anyone suggest any plus size merchants that they are actually converting with. I am getting the targeted traffic and just can't seem to do anything with it. I am using most of CJ's plus size merchants. Which ones do you convert with.

Also, any suggestions as to a good product or 2 to add to my plus size page. Thanks for any help you can give.

Just started with SizeAppeal, and have only had one sale. Hoping my new google rank will increase that. The sale was extended.

For plus size maternity I am still using imaternity, though I am verrry wary about whether they will continue to convert, and even what is converting is not great. Most of my sales with imaternity have been in the plus size maternity dept, though. I am not sure whether that means many pregnant woment think that they are now plus size or that plus size women are getting pregnant and shopping the net.

ABW Ambassador
    Check out Junonia.com. It's presently an in-house setup, but they're planning to move to a third party system in the new year.

The affiliate manager is Brandi Palechek. Tell her I sent you!

Elisabeth Archambault

ABW Ambassador
    That's a nice site Elisabeth, thanks for sharing.

If i don't get my bum up off this computer chair and exercise more, I'll be needing to order from your links soon!

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    If i don't get my bum up off this computer chair and exercise more ...

LOL! There's a lot of that going around. I see a direct relationship -- as my income goes up so does the number on the scale. Is there such a thing as a desk potato?

Elisabeth

LOL, desk potato. A desk potato with monitor stare. hehehehhehehehe.

I'm always on my notebook ... so I'm still a couch potato ... but I guess I'm a "cyber couch potato" ... hehehehe!

Haiko

Thanks Elisabeth and WebMistress for the feedback. I will go check out Junonia.com.

lol to desk potato(e) Dan Quale Humor! Jeeez, I have been thinking bout moving my comp upstairs to my bed. I guess I should rethink that huh.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Packy, you'd never get any sleep at all if you could check your stats THAT easily...

Hmmm, I'm kinda awake, I'll just log on for a seco---HEY, A SALE!!! (Bing, wide awake, 2 hours of sleep...) At least if the computer requires getting up to get to, you have a CHANCE of rolling over and getting almost enough sleep!

As for SizeAppeal, I had just e-mailed them about an extension and they say they extend EVERYTHING as an anti-fraud measure. It'll be interesting to see how it works out, considering that they tried to turn me into a Freebie Site--I mean, entice me to "give away" a dress which is much better off SOLD, and for NO lead fee :mad: ! I almost dropped them for that... (And NO, I'm NOT giving away what people are willing to buy!)

That clothing stuff doesn't convert very well, at least not for me (all merchants, not just SizeAppeal). It's good for a few sales, but I'm thinking about whacking the PPC links for it...

I think it's because tastes in clothes are so subjective. The category invites people to look, look, look, at every outfit before deciding to buy. This brings in a LOT of dud clicks!!! Just imagine a woman in a physical store looking at clothes and translate it over...

Quite frustrating when you're used to selling things that are pretty much the same as each other and people either want them or not!

I will say one thing, Elisabeth.com seems to be a real dog. The name is well-known, though, so it'll suck in clicks by the gallons. Too bad they hardly ever convert!

PS I'm the definition of a Desk Potato.

Elisabeth, thanks for that tip on Junonia--I will check them out. They DO pass the Gold Standard (they pay), I assume?

[ 11-28-2001: Message edited by: Leader ]

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    LOL! There's a lot of that going around. I see a direct relationship -- as my income goes up so does the number on the scale. Is there such a thing as a desk potato?

I find that same corrolation! I'd feel really bad about the weight if I didn't feel so good about the money!

I do need to start putting aside some exercise time everyday now that my site building time is no longer 12 hrs a day...LOL

lol! I had to go out for dinner the other night and suddenly realized everything was just that bit tighter!
    Made a post-it, stuck it on the 'puter with "Go for a Walk" on it...it worked once!

I've been using sizeappeal for a couple of months and their sales are always extended.
    There's certainly a big market for plussizes, never realized it before, my plus size pages outdo my average sizes.

It's not my type of merchant but even so with a name like
    quote:
    The affiliate manager is Brandi Palechek. Tell her I sent you!

I would be very careful [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Hey Mousejockey, are you always marketing the same things as me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ? LOL. There are plenty of markets that have good potential, but not all are able to be broken into easily via the ppcs and google. I highly underestimated the googler on some keyword phrases that I thought I could break into in the top 10! BTW, costumes still selling!

Leader, I have been pleasantly surprised with clothing sales. Even with returns, the earnings are definitely a good chunk of my money right now. When I wondered why imaternity was still converting at all, I remembered what the maternity stores *in the malls* were charging when I was shopping for maternity clothing. The prices on-line beat them all to heck. It is, ironically, all the webmaster stuff I can't get to move at all (as you once commented, also)!

Does anyone know of a merchant for desk pears? I am not shaped like a potato, more like a pear [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] . Making money, will have inner tube. [img]tongue.gif[/img] lol.

Hey webmistress sounds llke we are marketing the same type of stuff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I agree there's a good $$$ in women's clothes especially evening wear!

I've pulled back on costumes,they're there is people want them but the commiss isn't much and today I received an email saying they had included shipping charges in payments so the $$$ will be even less!
    Give me big ticket items anyday!

I agree, Mousejockey, the commissions were in general very small. So I made some pages a couple of months ago that happen to rank very well with the googler for some keywords that are seasonal...and I just had a comish of over $50 with them! Never made that during the Halloween season. We'll see if it sticks. I'm also suddenly seeing reversals with them, where I didn't used to have hardly any before. I would never, ever put more ppc money on the costume pages.

Any costumes sell around Valentines' Day? Gotta think now...

Valentine costumes...how about french maid,
    or little devil [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

if you're looking for plus size women's apparel sites check out mine:
    www.alight.com

We're in the process of shutting down our affiliate program with Befree and starting up with Commission Junction.

In the meantime please feel free to look at the site -- we've got over 800 products from over 100 designers! And e-mail me any questions or suggestions about making a great affiliate program.

Thanks!
    deb malkin
    alight.com

Deb, I like the site. Very easy to navigate. Any idea yet as to the commission structure when you move to CJ's and when do you think that might be? Thanks

zaftique is ok. www.alwaysforme is plus size but epc very low, ive sent them 2600 hits for epc 12c.

deb, good to hear alight is moving to cj soon!

Spiderman, re:alwaysforme, I've sent them thousands of click thru's too...nothing!

I've checked out their site for reasons customers aren't buying and the only thing I can think of it's perhaps the 1 to 2 week delay in receiving.
    Either way, they're getting a lot of free hits...anyone had sales with them?

you're right.. they are a terrible performer, I've taken down their links today.. replaced with zaftique.. I don't know how they convert but their site looks better.
    Loralie also do plus sizes if their stuff suits your traffic.. I get sales with them, they are a family business and have a very nice site and products, don't apply if you've got any gambling links on your site though 'cos they will reject.

Yes, Loralie have lovely clothes and convert well.
    Alight has fabulous plus size clothes,
    so I look forward to them moving to cj.

I also do well with hottopic, "torrid" line, plus size teen clothes, only 5% but consistent sales.

Spiderman, I don't do anything with Zaftique at all. I really thought they would be a winner. Delta Burke performed good this month. I'll have to check out Loralie. Are they with CJ?

I'm years behind on this thread... lol.
    But I do OK with a combination of Torrid, Macy's (plus), Kiyonna, Old Navy (women's plus), and Alight. The ones that convert best are probably Kiyonna and Torrid, followed by Old Navy.

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread