Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Which Online Marketing Tools Should You Be Using?
    Conversion guru Tim Ash posted this article on his blog from SiteTuners.com. Some good info in here!

Which Online Marketing Tools Should You Be Using?
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

2. Thanks From:

Thank you for the cool post. I think tools are important but before to use any tool I prefer to make sure I am working on the good niche and I have good quality contents. tools can promote your site here and there but it will not make your visitors to love your content. you must make sure your content is valuable and attractive.

Thanks again for sharing.

I really should be spending more time on sites like Tim's. Thanks for the link***.

I had been using Analytics "out of the box" as Tim suggests for a starter. However, I recently began using the more advanced features, also as Tim suggests, such as the custom reports.

*** This is the type of conversation we used to have here but now we just provide links away from here. There are multiple reasons for this but likely the big one is, "Why should Tim, and others, give away content to another for-profit company when he/they can bring readers directly to him/their own offerings?" I'm not meaning to be critical of ABW but that's the way it is - and it started a good while back (about the time Haiko realized it was prudent to sell).
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    My reason for sharing this was in the hopes of starting a discussion of the things Tim mentions on ABW, to initiate an active sharing of thoughts, ideas and experiences. I want to have those types of great discussions here too!

So, Bill, how are the custom reports working out? Anyone else tried those?
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

n/m - moved...
    Last edited by Bill; July 2nd, 2015 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Too verbose, moved elsewhere.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

And, don't forget about Google Tag Manager.
    It can be associated with Google Analytics, very helpful when tracking fragemented URLs.

very well written article. Google analytics is really helpful, but if u want check the number of inbound links to your site, then Bing webmaster tool is much better. It gives more elaborate information and daily reports as compared to Google webmaster tools.
    Last edited by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow; July 8th, 2015 at 10:14 AM. Reason: link stuffing

it a really good sharing of articles. thanks

Thanks for sharing cool post, and I think this blog is very useful for SEO person.

Regardless of which "bucket" you are in, I don't think you should sign up for a tool right away. What data you analyze and what platforms you target is going to be totally different from another marketing agency down the road. The best way to optimally build your toolkit is to identify the various tasks you are doing on a daily basis and then finding tools that automate the work. For instance, if you have a lot of video marketing clients, then you need to look for tools that help with video marketing. But if your clientele is made of local businesses, then you could be requiring tools that help with citations, etc.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread