Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    2015 NBA Finals and Stanley Cup Finals are set!
    I think we've got an absolutely ideal matchup for affiliates in the NBA Final with the top selling team of theyear so far in the Golden State Warriors taking on another strong seller in the Cleveland Cavaliers, with Cleveland a city that is starving for a major sports win. In addition, we've got great star power here in NBA MVP Steph Curry squaring off against LeBron James and Kyrie Irving. In terms of affiliate revenue potential, this is a can't miss for sites with traffic of fans of either team or any of the major players involved or Northern California or Cleveland geo-targeted traffic.

The Stanley Cup Finals matchup is interesting, but from my perspective not exactly a can't miss matchup as this one is going to be all about the Blackhawks. The Blackhawks have a huge fan base in Chicago and the number of Chicago expats makes for an awesome online sales opportunity for Championship gear. The Tampa Bay Lightning are one of the most exciting teams to watch, but I'm not thinking that their numbers fan base wise add up to the opportunity that Chicago represents. The Tampa Bay Lightning did win a Stanley Cup in 2004 while the Blackhawks have won the right to Lord Stanley's Cup to their local watering hole 5 times with 2 in the past 5 years.

There is some good star power in this one as well as Toews and Kane from the Blackhawks have been in the top 5 in merch sales for the last couple of years among active players and Steven Stamkos and Tyler Johnson of the Lightning have been two of the top skaters in the post season.

Thoughts? Feedback?
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Sad & dejected - It was wishful thinking that the Clippers could get to the NBA finals but I never thought for a minute that the Duck would not be in the Stanley Cup finals.

Also I'm upset that with Kevin Love's shoulder injury keeping him out, there are no Bruins playing in the NBA finals.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

So - what's everyone thinking on the Stanley Cup Finals? Are the Blackhawks going to wrap up their first Stanley Cup Championship on their home ice tonight? Can Golden State wrap things up and celebrate on the Cav's home court tomorrow night ?

Blackhawks can't let this go to a game 7. Tonight it ends. Madhouse on Madison will be rockin' tonight. Go Hawks!

Gus

Hawks wrapped it up at home with a huge 2-0 win... props to Duncan Keith who took home the Conn Smythe Trophy for his outstanding play including scoring the winning goal last night. The Blackhawks have been awesome sellers so far and there should be great opportunities for affiliates to sell champs gear and collectibles and memorabilia really well for about a week.

Anyone think Golden State can win on the Cav's home court to wrap the NBA Finals tonight?

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    So proud of my Blackhawks! (Originally I'm from Chicago.) Hoping Golden State can keep the momentum and close it out tonight as well.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Both the Warriors and the Blackhawks have been amazing sellers of 2015 Champions fan gear and collectibles since their wins. If you have Bay Area or Chicago traffic or fan traffic for either team, you should be working this

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread