I just got the ad for Fred's program up and I have earned six cents! Well, one click was my own test click, LOL. I would have had it up a couple of days ago, but there was a problem. The code wouldn't work. The problem is that good ol' Front Page was changing it. When I ftp'd it directly, by passing Front Page, an hour or so ago, it worked.

I didn't have this problem with the Twisted Humor ad from clixgalore.com so I wasn't expecting it. Well, if this little page works, I will put Fred's ad in more areas of the site.

This twisted Humor ad isn't doing as well as the CJ one did. Different banner and different landing page. If it doesn't start to convert by the weekend, I am yanking it.

I sent 4,725 people to CJ merchants last month and only earned $82.41. Since most of it was from just one merchant, I would do better to sell those visits at 3 to 5 cents a click and keep my one good CJ merchant.

ABW Ambassador
    4,725 hits & only $82.41

mine are
    1,585 hits & $1002.95 for CJ merchants during december.

I can see why all the big ad networks are all *****ing about CPA over CPM or CPC.. They have the traffic, but no actions. I think I'll stick with my CPA.

Pete,

The difference is in what our main objectives are, I think. I have one of those (shudder) content sites. I give away free games and graphics to lure folks to the site. Then, I give them a good dose of non-objective Pagan information.

I have a lot of traffic 5000 to 7000 unique visitors a day but they don't come to buy. They come for the freebies and the information. So, making any money from the site at all is an accomplishment.

If I could get it up to $300 or $400 over the next few years, before I have to go on Social Security, it would make a world of difference to me.

I have tried building pages to sell stuff, but I guess I don't have the knack for it or I haven't been willing to spend the money on the paid search engines. It seems like such a gamble and I am not much of a risk taker. Anyhow, nothing ever sold off of one of my "revenue pages". [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

By the way, I am selling on my site. I'm selling my little heart out. But, my "product" is an intangible. It is an idea.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: SSanf ]

Another 6 cents! And, that is just in one little area! Guess, I will have to put the ad on the run of the site tomorrow. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Fred says he can make money from the traffic. I hope he does.

Hey! another 6 cents! Total 18 cents so far!
    Have to get it up in more areas!

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: SSanf ]

ABW Ambassador
    I sure do hope that Fred can make something of the traffic. After reading some of the other stories floating around, I hope that he & all his affiliates do well in this venture. (not just him)

If the traffic is worth nothing to you (in $ terms anyway.. it may be worth lots when measured qualitatively if you are getting a message across), I'm all for these programs.
    I guess I'm heard too many horror stories (not only Fred's).
    Good luck

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Getting excited over 18c...Brrrrrr.... when did I last get excited over that? Hmmm, the calendar doesn't go back that far. Neither does last year's. Hmmm... was it 1999? Early 2000?

Enough razzing...

I have to agree with Pete. I am not impressed with ANY program's figures until I have read that magic line: "Hey! I just got a Check from....."

When I read that line, invisible programs/networks sometimes light up like neon! I didn't sign up for Performics until I had it on good authority that checks/deposits were actually received, either. And I'll be on pins and needles about them until I actually see my bank balance rise from their deposit...

Although I wouldn't sign up for 3c/click anyway... it's Sales for me all the way! But if that's the only way you can monetize the traffic, hey...it's better than 0c!

Well, I have offered them about every kind of program that CJ carried and so far, no good. One does work, consistantly so.

Everything else has been a waste of time and effort.

With all those ads bringing in $0.00 for so long, I am glad to see something, anything happening. And, those 3 cent clicks could add up. I can probably increase the action on them if I try.

Does ClixGalore get the money up front? I think they agregate the check, don't they? I am putting up other ads such as personals that are always at least clicked on as well as Fred's ad.

I think ClixGalore has been around a while, haven't they? Anyone have any experience with them?

Hey! I'm up to 26 cents, now. Another clixGalore program that I put up tonight just started producing. Well, I guess I will go to bed now. By morning, I may be able to buy a FULL cup of coffee!
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: SSanf ]

Clixgalore works just like CJ used to work.

You put the money up front if you are a merchant and they ding you for each click.

We paid out over $72,000 to our CJ affiliates using this same concept.

We hope to do the same to our Clixgalore affiliates. CG aggregates the checks so you can earn from more than one merchant and you need to make $50 to get one.

Now, here's the key to what CJ had and blew up due to their stupidity and what CG has now.

You could build a page that focused on one or two % merchants and good converting lead deal and one or two CPC deals and if you got enough traffic you could easily make a $1 to $30 per day in PROFIT.

We used to have a page with a specific sales deal, Ebay lead, and a 15 cent per click deal that we got over 5,000 visitors per day. We'd pay out $200 and almost always make at least $300. All from ONE page.

CG also has 3 % sales deals that should convert in real high percentages if they are
    given the "Leader" treatment - Dress Me Now,
    Clipperfish, MakeUp By Armado.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Fred--

Where's my magnifying glass? Hm, make that binoculars. Now WHAT'S that say??

quote:
    CG also has 3% sales deals that should convert

OH! Sorry about that...Triple that figure and add 1% on top of that. THEN I'll be able to see it better!

(Thinking of your $200 out/$300 in page) Personally I'd prefer to have more of a profit margin on a sales page...income of 3-5x what it costs me to promote it, or better!

Btw, CJ's still SUPPOSED TO collect money upfront, (unless they snuck in a terms change when I wasn't looking). Some places do seem to get deactivated right away, but other merchants seem to be able to ride longer...

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: Leader ]

typo, typo....3% should have been 20%

Leader,

quote:
    Btw, CJ's still SUPPOSED TO collect money upfront, (unless they snuck in a terms change when I wasn't looking). Some places do seem to get deactivated right away, but other merchants seem to be able to ride longer...

Since when does CJ follow it's TOS? :confused:

... they even went so far to allow affiliates to generate reports for merchants who reversed transactions because they didn't PAY! ... They only make them pay the $250 ... forget the affiliates! :rolleyes:

Haiko

CJ obviously didn't collect up front from Jackpot.com. I can't remember if they let them slide 2 months or 3 before they stiffed me for hundreds of dollars. I wonder how much CJ collected of their money from Jackpot????

SSanf, I think you are doing the right thing if it is making more money than if you weren't doing it. Keep doing what you need to do until you find something that does better. Then replace that or combine them so they both work. Have you been able to sell books about Pagan.

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: Packy ]

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: Packy ]

quote:
    I wonder how much CJ collected of their money from Jackpot????

I'm not going to say what they [CJ] are doing about IDT!

I have and will continue to ... till we (affiliates) get a pay back PER CLICK!

Haiko

Heck, even "A Witches Bible" doesn't sell. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

That is really disappointing since it is a great book, a must read for every would be witch.

"A Witches Bible"

Ssanf why don't you package your information into an e-book and sell it.
    I've been doing a bit of research,working on getting the sorceress up soon and people are interested the craft, How to be a Witch, Witchcraft for Teenagers, magic spells, even grabbed the domain listmagicspell because of the number of typeins.
    Also, clothes, I can't find enough gothic clothes to sell and it should work for your site as well!

quote:
    Ssanf why don't you package your information into an e-book and sell it.

That's a great idea. You can use clickbank to market it.

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: SpongeBo ]

Watchout Ssanf, mousejockey's gonna grab all the most marketable keywords! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

lol! No, I don't use PPC [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread