Tips on recruiting affiliates
    hi guys! i've just started setting up and email campaign to recruit more affiliates. Any tips or ideas you can share re affiliate recruitment? especially for b2b
    Last edited by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow; June 9th, 2015 at 05:45 PM. Reason: removed identifying info

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Focus on your subject line, it can make or break an email. Keep the email as short as possible, don't overwhelm them. Expect to have to send an email 3-4 times to each address before you get a response.

I agree with Chuck about the subject line, it's very important and the first impression you will make. Also, keep in mind that even when you do get a response, it may sometimes take a looong time before you get a second one from the same affiliate. I've had cases in which I've waited even up to a month before getting a second e-mail regarding my offer. Keep track of who got back to you initially, and maybe do follow ups within an appropriate time frame.

thanks for the tip, chuck!

hey lexy, any suggestions on the subject line? and regarding the time frame, do you think it's best to send emails every week or every other week?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Depending on your urgency every other week.

I would put in something non-threatening, and if possible, personalized (begin with their name, people respond well to that). Think of it as e-mailing a friend. We forget sometimes that affiliate marketing is all about people and relationships, and if we treat people more as equals than someone we're trying to recruit, the results will probably be much better. "Ben, let's make some money together" or if you want to include your business name, "Business Name - Partnership Opportunity"

8. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Lexy View Post
    I would put in something non-threatening, and if possible, personalized (begin with their name, people respond well to that). Think of it as e-mailing a friend. We forget sometimes that affiliate marketing is all about people and relationships, and if we treat people more as equals than someone we're trying to recruit, the results will probably be much better. "Ben, let's make some money together" or if you want to include your business name, "Business Name - Partnership Opportunity"
    That's a great suggestions, Lexy! I will definitely try that.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Personalize, don't overwhelm with your pitch up front. Start a conversation vs beating them over the head with details and pitch and definitely follow up. Most of my "hits" with recruiting come on the second or third contact.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

11. Thanks From:

hey everyone. thanks for all your suggestions. has anyone here tried to do some recruitment efforts through tradedoubler?

I find one on one emails are much more successful than blasts. I agree with Wade in that you are starting the conversation. Don't include commission and AOV yet. Instead provide insight as to how the person can promote your services and why
    Stephanie Robbins
    Robbins interactive

What you are gonna want to do is setup a special page just for affiliates. Kind of like a sales page of it's own.

You really want to focus on selling your affiliate program, list the payment amounts, why someone should promote you, list any perks and bonuses they get. You basically want to make it really attractive for an affiliate.

Then run ads in forums like this or on affiliate blogs, collect their email and follow up with them on reason why they should promote. Keep in mind most affiliates are new and have no idea what the heck to do, so any training on traffic you can hook them up with will serve you well.

I have had a lot of luck finding and training new people than going after the big fish straight away. They will come around if your conversions and payouts are high enough. Going to events where affiliates might be is also a good way, just hang out in the bar and the lobby at whatever hotel its hosted at. Be patient work diligently and it will happen.
    Last edited by nicholasbreen; July 2nd, 2015 at 06:08 PM. Reason: typo

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread