Lightbulb Can this work?
    At this point it seems very clear to me that not many people are fond of coupon/deal sites on these forums. I can understand why however I am still very interested in going ahead with creating one unless someone here can point me toward a better direction.

About two years ago I started a thread here asking a simple question and I am pretty much asking the same question all over again.
    http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showt...Marketing-Help!

For the last two years every now and then I have researched ideas/affiliate programs that would appeal to the general public. Which I could promote somehow. It never made any sense to spend the money I would have had to brand 53' trailers and simply promote a single company/product.

I am VERY late to the whole coupon thing. However my question is very simple. Can this work for me? I see the most common problem people have here is that they can build a site but can't drive traffic to it. My issue is the complete opposite.

I can't build the site myself but certainly I can drive some traffic to it. Invest in a brandable domain. Promote my own site...not having to worry about what any advertiser might think about wrapping a 53' trailer with their name on it.

In fact simple lettering would do on the trailer instead of expensive wrapping. Easy to make a point. Everyone knows how coupons work.

I am really interested in hearing genuine thoughts/constructive criticism.

PS: I am also looking at both Expedia and Priceline white label affiliate programs however it seems to me investing in a coupon site would be more profitable.

** If anyone isn't aware. The trucks I would be branding spend about 12-20 hours on the road depending on if its driven by a single driver or a team. Traveling through major cities and on busy highways.

Thanks

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I would suggest building the site model first and focusing on conversion. If it makes money then the trailer advertising is a traffic model.

ABW Ambassador
    It may work. You won't know until you put it to test. You are right about the fact that anyone can build a site but can't drive traffic. If you can drive traffic, make sure you have a robust website to cater those traffic that you drive. You don't want a trailer load of traffic end up in an empty parking lot.

So build the website first, Make it bullet proof. Drive your friends and family there and have them use it and solicit honest comments. Tweak it.

Then go to town with your traffic technique. Deliver what you promise in the ads.

Thank you guys for your feedback and the wordplay :-)

I will be honest. I have never really considered asking a family member for their feedback until today. I mean no one within my family really uses the internet for shopping except my sister. Then I remembered because she shops for everyone else. She literally shops for multiple families. So I called her up...asked if she ever used a coupon site to find coupons. It was a shocker of a conversation. She spends two hours every day looking for coupons and knew about every site out there.

So I guess getting started with a neat site and getting family/friends opinion would be a good thing.

Anyone know of a good platform to build a neat coupon site with? I am looking at the coupon feed services being offered...if anyone has any good experience working with one. Please share

Thanks

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Look at FMTC which has evolved to be the tech leader in the coupon feed space. They have a great team very reachable and visible in the affiliate marketing space.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread