Bothers me. So now my partner made links won't deep link? So my visitors all have to land on the catalog and specials page? So I have 24 hours to comply?

I think that the domain name I use for my coffee site would be much better used for wireless technology items.

quote:
    It has recently come to our attention that some Gevalia affiliates have
    been promoting restricted or expired promotional offers.

Please understand that some Gevalia promotions are unavailable to the
    Performics affiliate network at large. These promotions are reserved for
    detailed testing programs and if proven successful may be rolled out to the
    entire affiliate network at a later date. The distribution of unapproved
    promotions can cause severe inventory issues and delays to the consumer.

With this being said, we are asking all affiliates to review the Gevalia
    creative onsite and in scheduled emails. The current creative appropriate
    for use can be found in Connect Commerce only. Any partner built links are
    considered unapproved unless links are being used for approved email
    distribution.

Please be aware that within the next 24 hours all sites and links will be
    reviewed for promotion accuracy. If inappropriate links exist, they may be
    deactivated or redirected to the appropriate promotion. If deactivated,
    registrations generated will not be compensated. Please note: all partner
    built links will be deactivated.

Sites who do not comply with the required program guidelines may be
    completely terminated from the Gevalia program altogether.

The only premium being offered within the Performics Network at this time
    is the 10-cup coffeemaker. The Gevalia program also includes a
    catalog-based program that currently offers the following consumer
    promotions: Free Shipping & Handling for orders over $75 as well as a
    Clearance section.

If you should have any questions please email info@performics.com.

We appreciate your cooperation in this matter.

Gevalia Performance Marketing Team
    info@performics.com

ABW Ambassador
    Gevalia is no good. They rejected me for their affiliate program. I'll bet their coffee is really nasty stuff too.

Actually their coffee is quite good.

There merchant program pretty much sucks however. But they do pay $.92 cents per click on a few pages of BendOver.

Lmao Jimbo.

I've actually had more conversions with them than any other coffee merchant. My coffee page was my first attempt at a sales page, and I was still convinced I had to "know something" about what I'm selling (so why do people want tongue rings, anyway???). Coffee seemed the obvious first choice, having become addicted to the substance some 26 years ago one summer taking a typing summer school course. Now I think it was all a mistake, but I've sold coffee with Gevalia and coffee mugs with kitchen etc...

Still. I don't like this 24 hours and your partner made links will no longer work. I wrote them that I will most likely look for another merchant, since I see my goal as sending my visitors to exactly the page on the merchant site they are looking for (or at least the correct category landing page). Why would my tea seeking visitors want to have to click yet again to get to the tea page when landing on the catalogue page?

quote:
    Still. I don't like this 24 hours and your partner made links will no longer work. I wrote them that I will most likely look for another merchant, since I see my goal as sending my visitors to exactly the page on the merchant site they are looking for (or at least the correct category landing page). Why would my tea seeking visitors want to have to click yet again to get to the tea page when landing on the catalogue page?

WebMistress, I agree 100%. I think it is very important for the visitor to get right to what they are looking for. I email a lot of my merchants asking if I can link right to a certain page or product. The more they have to click to find something the lesser the chance of a sale.

As for knowing something about the product. Yup, it helps big time to be able to tell them what you think of the product. I haven't tried their coffee. I was just laughing because Jim is like me. If they turned my site down then the product automaticly isn't any good. Even though it probably is.

As for why do people want tongue rings anyways. All I know is that I am getting pounded by people looking for that kind of stuff and I can't find a merchant to convert yet alone find more than a couple that sell body piercing jewelry. However, that is one product I am not gonna test on myself so I can recommend it.

[ 01-13-2002: Message edited by: Packy ]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    "As for knowing something about the product. Yup, it helps big time to be able to tell them what you think of the product."

I can't agree with that. I sell lots of stuff I know nothing about! Most of it, actually! And the things I DO know about, took more work to get the pitch right. I basically had to write as if I knew nothing about it. (No, I do NOT think the item in question is crappy, either!)

And, of course, there are the things that I don't WANT to know anything about. Nothing as painful as tongue rings, but I don't really want any Colostrum, either (YUCK!).

Most of my sales are of things I know nothing about and have no intentions of buying. But I know that OTHER people want the stuff, so there it is! It seems like good stuff (at least it doesn't come popping back, "returned merchandise")...

quote:
    And, of course, there are the things that I don't WANT to know anything about. Nothing as painful as tongue rings, but I don't really want any Colostrum, either (YUCK!).

Lol! I can just see my kids faces if Dad came home with a nose stud and purple hair.

I've always had great success being able to describe what I personally thought about a product, how the service is, delivery and shipping cost and time if fast and so on. Obviously I don't deal with most of the products and merchants that I push but it does help on the ones I do purchase.

You have to remember though Leader. 3/4 of my income is from the games so I can just play some of the games on a site and give them the thumbs up to my visitors.

Not sure but I think tongue rings are used for unholy, deviant erotic exercises. They lead to really bad stuff and the practitioners are soon reading books like Harry Potter and dating semi-nude virgins. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ABW Ambassador
    Really SSanf,

Maybe I need to get a tongue ring LOL. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Mike

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Tongue knobs, Harry Potter, and half nude virgins just seem to make my mind go blank. I'd be hard pressed to figure out any pre-sell for this combination. Then again many might fork over big bucks or evn Harry Potter 1st editions and a case or piercings for the secret hiding places of half nude virgins.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread