Question Which affiliate program should I d?
    There is lots of affiliate program available in web. which one I choose first? Please suggest.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Sorry but this is the equivalent of "how high is up", "how deep is deep", etc. You need to do lots of homework on your own first, as it is literally impossible to answer this question. My suggestion is that you spend lots of time reading through forum threads and learn about this industry. Then you will know what affiliate programs you want to work with, what promotional methods you want to use, etc.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Your choice should also be based in large part on what your interests and expertise are - success is much easier attained if you are writing about a topic that you enjoy and with which you have knowledge and familiarity. Hint - my sports blog is primarily focused on baseball and basketball, sports I have played, coached, and follow closely - I never write about sports such as soccer and tennis that I never watch, know little about and find totally boring.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I suggest you to use google adsense because this is a great affiliate program. I am making money using this program by posting youtube videos. Go ahead and try out.

Trevorariza, are you making your own videos? That's really the only proper way to do that.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

there are thousands of affiliate programs out there. depends really on what you want to focus on, which industry, and how are you going to promote. i'd suggest you find something that is of your interest, something that you are really passionate about!

First look what kind of niche you are interested in. for example if you are interested in make money niche, marketing niche, health niche or other niche. after that go to affiliate network like clickbank which is good to start with and search for products related to your niche. if you find good product with good sales rate then promote it. if you want to promote physical items you may go to amazon.

well this is really up to you, let me give you some guidelines that I use so you'll hopefully find what what you are looking for.

As far as affiliate offers there are Physical offers (typically very low paying with small commissions) There are info products, (higher commissions higher payouts, but there can be a lot of junk offers out there in this realm so they need to be screened well, but can be very profitable) There are also high ticket programs these come in both physical and digital form, also services. Yacht rentals, travel, private jet rentals. The mental roadblock is the challenge for affiliates here. Many people don't think people have this kind of money or don't believe they can sell it.

Then there is also multi-tier programs not MLM but where you get 10% or whatever the cut is for bringing in affiliates. Which has it's advantages and disadvantages like everything, you'll usually want to train your affiliates on how you are making sales so you can really ramp up your income.

I like High Ticket and multi-tier programs personally.

Then some people suggest you find a niche, a particular area you'll focus on. I tend to disagree with this, you'll only want to do that if you are going to create some type of personal brand or creating your own content for traffic. I look for stuff that converts that I can get easy cheap traffic for.

I have no problem promoting a wide range of niches, since they are all separate campaigns and I don't do a lot of personal branding. You can however choose a niche you are passionate about as long as its big and competitive and can get traffic pretty easy.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholasbreen View Post
    There are also high ticket programs these come in both physical and digital form, also services. Yacht rentals, travel, private jet rentals. The mental roadblock is the challenge for affiliates here. Many people don't think people have this kind of money or don't believe they can sell it.

I like High Ticket

. I look for stuff that converts that I can get easy cheap traffic for.

I have no problem promoting a wide range of niches, since they are all separate campaigns and I don't do a lot of personal branding. You can however choose a niche you are passionate about as long as its big and competitive and can get traffic pretty easy.

Hope that helps.
    Where do you find High ticket Items to promote and if you don't use the product, how do you write content to capture a click thru audience?

Google search high ticket affiliate programs and you'll get some good results.

So for content it depends on what it is you are promoting, if it's an info product or biz opp you'll want to own it so you can screen it and make sure it's not junk, but for example there is a program called Regal Assets that can be high ticket, that sells gold and gives you a commission, so you could write about the benefits of owning gold and stuff like that, you wouldn't really need to own the product in that case, but I always like to order what I am promoting, and talk to the customer service people to see if they are a good business.

Or if you are doing private jet rentals, you could write on places to travel things like that.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Where do you find High ticket Items to promote and if you don't use the product, how do you write content to capture a click thru audience?
    By doing the research on the product and summarizing that for the consumer. In other words you do the work of screening all the information and giving them the best place to buy. I worked with fitness affiliates for years and they reviewed all the top treadmills. They did go to the manufacturer when possible but mostly they researched the equipment and gave comparisons with all top brands. Average commission was about $200. They were also excellent content writers and knew how to write a sales funnel. Do some googling for those type of products and see what kind of sites you find for examples.

thanks Nicholas & Chuck ... both for your responses ..

I'm new to this whole process .. Once you do find the product ... Is there another approach for funneling sales other than providing "review" content. Not that its a bad idea, I would just like to know all possible methods to narrow down which would work best for me. I'm a retired software developer so I'm used to doing research/analysis. I have a goal of $1500 a mth after 1 year, does that seem feasible.

What type of site are you planning to launch? If it's a blog, your best bet is doing product reviews. If it's a coupon site, that's something totally different.

It is possible to reach that goal, but you will have to work very hard to do so. This is a business which builds over time, rather than a faucet which turns on and off. It will start small, but grow over time with continued effort. How fast it grows is a direct correlation to the amount of effort you put into it. The best part is that once grown, maintenance is much easier, and it provides an on-going revenue stream.

Quote Originally Posted by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow View Post
    What type of site are you planning to launch? If it's a blog, your best bet is doing product reviews. If it's a coupon site, that's something totally different.

It is possible to reach that goal, but you will have to work very hard to do so. This is a business which builds over time, rather than a faucet which turns on and off. It will start small, but grow over time with continued effort. How fast it grows is a direct correlation to the amount of effort you put into it. The best part is that once grown, maintenance is much easier, and it provides an on-going revenue stream.
    I was considering a blog ... but the topic is "things to do in the city" .. so it opens up a lot of products/services which can be offered .. obviously adsense, but I was thinking .. high-end services that could be recommended. each week another topic about the city with services/products which could be tied in.

My question besides how does this sound .. is .. would I incorporate links within the content on my blog to the affiliate or create a separate website with various like affiliate products that link to the affiliate .. then in my blog link to my website for the product, which would then link to the affiliate ..

You're mixing up terms here, but I think I know what you are asking. Just to know - you are the affiliate, and you send visitors to the merchant. You don't link to an affiliate.

I think you would have the greatest success if you incorporated the links pointing to the merchant into the actual blog post rather than create a separate website. Travelers don't want to endure extra clicks to buy something.

There are many successful sites about destinations, so yes, you can be successful with this. I would recommend not just offering high-end products, because unless you are exclusively a high-end site you probably won't meet with much success. You would probably also want to post more often than weekly if you want to gain any traction.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    As well as having direct links to merchant pages, you can have product pages on your blog - then when you have a related term in your post, that should be a link to that page. For example, if you are writing a blog on woman's soccer, you should have a page of the US Woman's team apparel, then whenever you write "US Woman's Soccer" that should be a link to your page. Alternatively, if you are in a merchant program what has a section of that apparel, you can link to it.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Thanks, both of you ..

Yes I would be the affiliate and the links would be to the merchant, that was the point I was trying to ask .. as I stated I'm new to this so the terminology is all new ..

My original thought was more services, Sports Team/city souvenirs(T-shirts, state flags, etc) and e-books on the city. I was not intending to do High-end products, actually High-end products/services never occurred to me until I read this thread. But after reading his idea, I figured I could incorporate some of those services also.

so when you start blogging .. do I simply start blogging WITHOUT linking to products to build traffic .. or .. do I start with the 1st blog linking to products. and if not in the beginning how does one know at what level of traffic to start adding product links.
    Last edited by BizM8ker2; July 6th, 2015 at 02:36 PM.

I would start right away linking to a product that fits with whatever you are writing/describing.

Your idea of "Things To Do In The City" should work well - as long as you are providing something unique that isn't covered by a gazillion other sites. All of the big hotel providers will have pages about "your" city but you can still find the new, the interesting and the unique to share with interested readers. My first website was about things to do in the southern part of Baltimore - back in 1999. My first affiliate sale was a city travel guide from Barnes & Nobel (the merchant) through the BFree Network (which no longer exists). I added hotel reservations there and for Ocean City, MD the following spring and it grew into a full time business for me. Hotels are now a tough sell because of all the competition.

When I started there was very little competition. However, much of the competition today is machine-driven and foreign-written crap. There is still plenty of opportunity to build an interesting and well-followed city/destination site. Be sure to supplement it with a Facebook page and, possibly, a twitter account. Most important, in my opinion, is to be there and shoot original photos to share in your website/blog. The Internet is still very much a visual medium.

How large is the city on which you are planning to focus?
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I would start right away linking to a product that fits with whatever you are writing/describing.

Your idea of "Things To Do In The City" should work well - as long as you are providing something unique that isn't covered by a gazillion other sites. All of the big hotel providers will have pages about "your" city but you can still find the new, the interesting and the unique to share with interested readers. My first website was about things to do in the southern part of Baltimore - back in 1999. My first affiliate sale was a city travel guide from Barnes & Nobel (the merchant) through the BFree Network (which no longer exists). I added hotel reservations there and for Ocean City, MD the following spring and it grew into a full time business for me. Hotels are now a tough sell because of all the competition.

When I started there was very little competition. However, much of the competition today is machine-driven and foreign-written crap. There is still plenty of opportunity to build an interesting and well-followed city/destination site. Be sure to supplement it with a Facebook page and, possibly, a twitter account. Most important, in my opinion, is to be there and shoot original photos to share in your website/blog. The Internet is still very much a visual medium.

How large is the city on which you are planning to focus?
    thanks for the feedback ... I am planning on writing about Dallas, Texas ... between the sports teams, schools, Museums, Kennedy assignation route (e-book sells) .. I thought there would be plenty products/services .. after reading about High end products .. Dallas to Houston is a big commuter route .. so I can add that as well .. and yes I am located .. I was planning on doing some youtube video's and photo's .. along w/facebook

20. Thanks From:

You should go with viglink..., it will boost your earnings and the method is very unique. Sign up and have fun.
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; September 10th, 2015 at 01:00 PM. Reason: link removed

Apart from the above mentioned there is another option - Noonint. There are lots of benefits for you as an advertiser and as an ordinary user.

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread