ABW Ambassador
    Really now, these guys have got some pair of balls !

They take almost any free offer they find , such as "print FREE Pizza Hut coupons", which are readily available to anyone right on the Pizza Hut website, and then they set up a free offers page , (with LOADS of check boxes).

They make the page look as if they are giving this "exclusive freebie" away, and offer to pay out a lousy nickel per lead ,and slam anyone visiting that page with pop-up windows, etc . for all their other "fake" freebies pages with check boxes !

Here's another one they run :
    Get your FREE 14 in 1 Tool !
    Yeah okay :rolleyes:
    I don't know that I can get 75 cents per lead at Onresponse for the FREE 90 day trial in the Hunting Club of America , let me just run that offer right away for the generous 8 cents they offer instead.

Who are these people ?
    They are out of control, now they are giving away "FREE Fredericks of Hollywood Catalogs " for 5 cents per lead.

You know, you can't get that catalog anywhere but at MoneyReign
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just venting here, these people make me sick ...If I weren't so darn honest, I'd be making a lot more money, just too many freebies that I refuse to put on my site, because I find it very hard to take advantage of poor, unsuspecting, stupid visitors .

I should get out of the freebie circus , too many dirtbags have ruined it for everyone else .

This part really cracks me up :
    ----------------------------------
    Just above the check boxes
    "Important DO NOT SKIP
    (Select ALL areas of interest!) * *
    Free Special Offers & Promotional Emails
    Average Site User Selects at Least 10 Interests"
    -----------------------------------
    Average Site User Selects at Least 10 Interests?

Only 10 ? Really ? You would think they would go for the gusto , and say 15 - 20 at the least [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Lisa

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: Lisa ]

Lisa,

Let me play devil's advocate here.

Let's say you were giving away an American flag for free on LisaSite.com and charged $4.99 for shipping & handling (like many companies are today) and you launched an affiliate program that paid affiliates $1 per successful request.

Out of 200 visitors that clicked on one of your banners, 1 person entered their credit card information and made an order.

Your affiliate has now earned an effective CPC of $.005.

Now comes JohnDoeFreebies.com who also launches an affiliate program and decides to promote your American flags along with other email opt-in & CPA offers. Joe creates a page that asks for less information than the actual order page of AmericanFlags and tells the visitor that they only need to enter a couple fields of information (no credit card required) and pays his affiliates $.10. The visitor is then sent to LisaSite.com he/she submits the desired information. Joe also creates well crafted email copy and high converting banners for his affiliates.

Out of 200 visitors, 40 decide to submit their information.

Joe's affiliate has now earned an effective $.02 per click.

In this case, the affiliate has earned more with Joe than with LisaSite.com.

I do not agree nor disagree with the practices of MoneyReign.

My point is that you should look at your final effective cost per click and CTR before making any final decisions on a program.

Just my two cents.

Side note:
    Fineclicks offers you the option to view the network CPC of all their offers, as opposed to other CPA programs which force you to blindly test a dozen programs before realizing which ones do not convert.

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: Lawrence ]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    "Fineclicks offers you the option to view the network CPC of all their offers, as opposed to other CPA programs which force you to blindly test a dozen programs before realizing which ones do not convert.~Lawrence"

Erm, not ALL other CPA programs! At CJ, just divide the network EPC by 100 and you have. . . . the effective network CPC!

But knowing the EPC or CPC isn't all it's cracked up to be. If I went with that, I'd be to promote nothing but credit cards, loans, and merchant accounts ($30+ EPCs)! I also wouldn't make beans, because most of my viewers don't want any of that! They love what could be described as "consumer goods", and anything else is a periphery at best.

What will convert depends more on what you're good at selling, IMO.

ABW Ambassador
    Lawrence
    I do understand that methodology, and used it before to my advantage with the free phone card offers and a few other things a while back, but this is different story.

The offers they are using as "freebies" are readily available as free offers,and do not require a credit card transaction. They are easy enough to convert on your own.

These same offers have much higher payouts at other networks through the advertiser themself .

I do put those factors you mentioned into consideration , and will, on occassion run a few that do not "switch" the user having to fill out credit card information from one offer, only to be required to sumbit it on another "checkbox" offer, just to get the supposed freebie.

This is just sending your visitor out on a wild goose chase, where they are the goose ,and all too often, the goose gets away with the gander .

Lisa

Lisa:

Once again, I do not agree nor disagree with MoneyReign. I just wanted to present the other side of the coin.

Leader:
    quote:
    But knowing the EPC or CPC isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I understand that it's not the greatest measurement and that other factors such as impressions & CTRs are not taken into account.
    However, as you already know, if one advertiser offers a promotion for a free business opportunity with EPC of $.10 and another advertiser with a similar offer with EPC of $.01, the network EPC might give a hint as to which offer will perform better.

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: Lawrence ]

Lisa have you signed up for anything they offer? I did with bogus info to see where they take me!! Well it was to a email confirmation page with a link to the orignal affiliate link (pizza hut etc...) I stay clear of them myself. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Lisa....you've got it right girl!!!

I wouldn't put that crappie freebie bs on my pages either. Geesh, my newsletter recepients would all unsubscribe if I started including those garbage freebies!!

Chet -- If Lisa's account was deliberately closed because of her honest and accurate opinion of one of your advertisers.....well lets just say that you are becoming as slimey as those you allow to place those garbage offers on your program.

Get real - these are the kind of garbage offers that plagued cj before they banished them!

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread