i have been dropped from the OldGlory.com advertiser program after working with them for long time ...anyone been dropped too ? ...or is it just me ?? does someone here have any info why OldGlory.com start to be nervous ?

ABW Ambassador
    I've been dropped too.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

March 17, 2003

Dear Old Glory Affiliate,

This is to advise you that we are in the process of migrating the Old Glory website (www.oldglory.com) and as a result of this process, we will not be able to track any sales generated from visitors you direct to our site beginning on March 24, 2003. We are therefore forced to temporarily deactivate the Old Glory Affiliate Program which you signed up for through Commission Junction effective as of said date.

In addition, you are instructed to remove any and all any and all banners, buttons, links, graphic images, text or other materials relating to or advertising the Old Glory website or any of the company’s products which are posted on your website in connection with the Old Glory Affiliate Program no later than March 24, 2003. If sales are generated from visitors directed to our site after said date, you will not be entitled to receive any commission or other fees because we have no means to track these visitors.

We will keep you posted on our progress and apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you,

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Me too

... i got this massage (about the 24/3) too .....but then ...i got another one that talknig about the 26/3 ..!!...so what ? old glory dropped me two times ????

" We regret to inform you that you have been dropped from the OldGlory.com advertiser program, and you will no longer be affiliated with this advertiser as of 3/26/03. This is not intended as disapproval of the quality or value of your Web site. Each CJ advertiser has the option to determine how many and what types of publishers they will approve to their program, and they may also make changes to their program which warrant removing some of their publishers. ""

anyone here got also 3/26/03 dropped ?? or just 3/24/03....

Me too, deactivation mssg for March 24, affiliation terminated mssg for March 26. I think 7 days is the minimum time allowed between their email and an actual status change like those.

I first thought I got kicked off cause I emailed too much...but apparently not so..

I was informed that OG had been acquired by alloy.com (and it is, you can find a press release at alloy.com), and that the OG site would nevertheless stay with the CJ program. But now they say due to the site transition they will deactivate for an indeterminate period.

I have a lot of product links for them..gonna be some work to replace them.

ABW Ambassador
    !~meht kcuf
    Take the time to dump these losers. It's not going to be long before the new owners decide to dump you. How do you feel they have handled their transition? Or you?

Brian
    aka Cyclone

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room~!

The OldGlory crew so upset becouse of the acquired by alloy.com(most of them will be kick off on the 3/24 and will have to look for a new job) so they just doing all the best to screw alloy seals in the future. sure the people in OldGlory now don't give a S..T about them Affiliaters anymore , why should they ? they are not in the game anymore.

ABW Ambassador
    I had just signed up with these bozos not even two weeks before the announcement of them leaving.

I had only one sale from them ($8.00), which show up today as reversed (invalid credit card ).

Goodbye to a 80 cent commission. They most likely need it more than I do.

They are still tracking today...;-) and while I do not like the way they handle the transition, or us, I do like their EPC. For their kinds of merchandise its good EPC. So, I would be sad to see them not get active again, or not take me back. Then again, there are good replacements for their merchandise too, and a whole world of other stuff to sell. But untill this day, few days excepted, for them, despite the suboptimal treatment of affiliates.

quote:
    I had only one sale from them ($8.00), which show up today as reversed (invalid credit card ).

It sounds like the reversal reason should read "merchant fraud". Maybe CJ should introduce that in v6 of the CJ desktop.

________
    All your commission are belong to us.

Just curious, of course OG did deactivate finally, and moved the site, decimated the catalog, and optimized it for mobile phone surfing and low-end old modem users in third world countries (but why the rise to $30 S&H for international orders? it wont work;-),

but was anyone else also dropped from their program, 2 days after the deactivation.. I.e. did everyone get a Rejected status for this merchant?

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread