CJ still making there site worse
    Now when I click on "View more new advertisers" it won't show the newest advertisers, it just shows every advertiser I don't have a relationship with.

I was going to start a new thread on CJ, but this one is close enough.... So, I'm going through all the networks looking at new merchant programs to join. Normally, CJ would have the majority of the interesting programs. Right now they don't. As a matter of fact, they are trailing everyone else, which I find remarkable considering how dominant they used to be...

Do you think their UI revamp has caused the decline? I've never seen a more disastrous UI reworking from an affiliate perspective, but I wonder, was it just as bad on the merchant side of things?

Looking for merchants on CJ has been difficult since the UI was reworked. The infinite scroll without the ability to download a complete merchant list is ridiculous. The only way I can work with it is to go category by category, but if a merchant isn't tagged properly, I'm just going to ignore them. I remember complaining to the product manager in charge of the UI, he said he wasn't going to change it...

This is what happens when you have people designing UI who don't understand the use cases... Such a shame...
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

3. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    I have been screaming out loud on CJ's new UI since day one. I complained, I sent them many negative feedback and explain why, nothing changes.

So I tired to get used to it, but till today, I'm still rely on the old link I saved to get merchants' links/banners from their old UI. I couldn't do a simple search to find merchants on their stupid new UI. It takes me twice as much time as before to just get a new merchant's links/banners up on my site, because I will try to navigate around the new UI first and failed, then go to my old UI link to get the job done.

Yes, it is a huge mistake of redesigning their UI, I hope somebody with ears at CJ will sincerely listen to their users' feedback and put their good old UI back.

I've spoken directly with their "Product Management" managers, those are the people responsible for destroying the interface. They really don't care that they are making their site harder to use. If any of you want to contact them directly:

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/craig-battles/0/696/868
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/arunabhagtani

6. Thanks From:

I no longer care about the CJ's UI - I am moving elsewhere whenever possible and will add on no new CJ merchants.

From what I've heard from my daughter, their merchant interface is also one of the poorest with which to work. I have never taken a peek under the hood but she has worked merchant programs at all of the main networks.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

8. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by shimmy View Post
    I've spoken directly with their "Product Management" managers, those are the people responsible for destroying the interface. They really don't care that they are making their site harder to use. If any of you want to contact them directly:

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/craig-battles/0/696/868
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/arunabhagtani
    Yeah, Aruna is the guy I've interacted with, I told him the problems approximately 1.5 years ago. Still no change...
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

10. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    I just sent in our final cancellation notice with them. ShareASale and AvantLink from here on out for me thanks. Both have been great for us to work with and actually seem to care what affiliates, merchants and OPM's want to see from their networks in terms of tools. My personal favorite illustration of the crap we deal with at CJ is this... Our agreement with them actually runs to mid-November, but I sent them notice that I wanted to terminate the Agreement effective 7/31 and we'd pay the remaining months minimum fees for them to let us out. They respond that they are shutting us down effective 7/9...

I don't need to work with companies who work like this.

The number of interesting merchants available there is dropping because their arrogance has finally caught up with them and even big brands are starting to go to smaller networks now like SAS or AL or they are going to using platforms like Impact Radius and PHG instead.

They made their bed...

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    With all their problems they still never fail to timely pay us, and in the end, that's still a big plus. I was going to say something positive about LS and how easy it is to build links there now, but then I remembered how much I'm owed by LS and for how long, from just a couple of merchants. The major one, which is seasonal and the season is just about up, has products that I've never found anywhere else, so I'm stuck.

Back to the beginning of the thread and issues with new advertiser merchant info - it seems that they put up new merchants on list on the home page before their actual merchant info section is built. Once a merchant has been on the list a couple of days, the link does seem to take you to their info, but when they are first listed you're taken to the full list of all merchants.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I was always a big CJ fan...

From an affiliate perspective, there are some big holes that were never addressed in the UI...

1) Hard to grab banners
    2) Hard to review the entire list of prospective merchants
    2a) Hard to find prospective merchants who supports a specific creative
    3) Hard to manage your datafeed subscriptions - I'm really miffed about this one, CJ had the best UI of the bunch and they ruined it...
    4) Impossible to see the reversal reason on transactions

I think it was a big mistake to alienate their power users... We were their vocal advocates, then we became their vocal critics. Now they are suffering the consequences...

14. Thanks From:

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread