Anyone notice a lower revesal rate since the Buy It Now sales started counting?

I really got hammered on reversals tody.

It would be interesting to pull the stats, determine the percent that is Buy it Now for sales and try to translate that into what percentage of leads they should be giving and therefore the percentage of reverals that should have gotten better.

Greg the Canadian ebay representative here has said that canadian leads don't count for those in the US program and many other countries don't either.
    A lot of the people you send and register are not counted at all even if they register and bid.
    This may be an even bigger factor than reversals for those who register and don't bid.

The webmaster's guide to the war which is the web. Analyze monetization, visitor retention, and promotion.

My eBay lead reversals have dropped considerably since the "Buy It Now" bids were factored in.

I do find the various eBay country-specific sites confusing, and I'm sure many others do as well. Might be time to streamline the program a bit, and make lead registrations apply to all the eBay sites.

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

Try this yourself. Go to and try and register. On the first screen it asks for your name/address. You can change the country.

Once you change this to Canada, you are redirected to the site. My guess is that isn't going to pay you for that referral because you're not registering with them, and isn't going to pay you for that referral because their cookie wasn't set from your site.

In my opinion this is a big, big hole in the system. I have tried to get around it by setting up two different links; a link that says "if you're from Canada, click here", and another link that says "If you're from the US, click here".

Also, the IP address isn't reliable enough to allow you to display different links to different visitors. When I was in the Bahamas, my IP showed I was from Canada. I'm sure there are people in Canada who use IPs that appear to be from the US.

My leads have dropped off dramatically recently. I dropped to 3 leads in March, down frmo 9 in February, 11 in January, 10 in December, 8 in November, 9 in October. 3 leads in March, when I had record amounts of unique visitors, is definitely an abberation that is probably due to some change that implemented.

Why doesn't CJ investigate such things? Isn't that their job?

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread