James Bond - Psycopath or Hero? Or Both?
    This post isn't directly related to Affiliate Marketing (though it could give people some ideas for promoting DVDs or books).

Everyone accepts James Bond as a hero, right? In a way, he is. But - to do what he does, the way he does, as portrayed in the movies (and, to a lesser extent, the Ian Fleming books), he has to be psychotic.

He kills in cold blood. He makes love to women, who are brutally killed shortly after the event, and he often makes some cynical quip about their death, before moving on to the next one.

You can't live your life that way (for very long) unless you are lacking an essential part of humanity: a conscience.

Nonetheless, he's a hero to many. Which of us wouldn't like to look that good, move that well, be that fit, dress that well, drive those cars, have those women, be that debonair?

Read more here: James Bond, Hero or Psychopath?
    Last edited by VampireSkunk; June 28th, 2015 at 01:11 AM.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Very interesting. I was a gigantic Bond fan when I was a kid - the books were at the height of their popularity and Dr. No, From Russia With Love and Goldfinger all came out when I was in Jr. High. I read all the books in about a year and my friends and I would be at the front of the line on opening day for the movies. I loved that kind of stuff back then, but I can no longer tolerate the whole concept of spying and espionage- 99% of it is all done for the wrong reasons, mostly financial gain and power, and because they can. I loved Sean Connery but one Pierce Brosnan is the only Bond I've seen in 25-30 years - I just cannot conceive of Dalton or Craig etc. as BOND, and the stories are not the same as what Flemming wrote.

I agree that it takes a certain personality type to do what the Bond character-type does, and that "type" is seriously flawed. If governments weren't hiring that type of person, they'd be on death row or in the NFL.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound View Post
    If governments weren't hiring that type of person, they'd be on death row or in the NFL.
    Ha! Thank you. I love 'or in the NFL'. Humor heals.

Phil, if you can find a copy, check out "Op JB" by Christopher Creighton. From what you've said, I think you would find it very interesting. I don't know if it's true, but I've read it, and it certainly has the ring of truth.

Try replacing "James Bond" with "God" everywhere above. LOL

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread