ABW Ambassador
    Hi
    I was wondering if there were any good computer hardware affiliate programs out there. More seem to offer 1 - 3 % commission which seems very poor. Is there really that little profit margin in these items.

Anyone who has sites related to computer hardware, could you also advise me on what conversions rates are like.

Thanks for any help.

PC mall and eCost charge back a lot, bringing the epc on my sites down to $2 and $3 respectively. Mac merchants give slightly better results, but I can't really recommend any hardware merchants at CJ. Might be worth checking the other networks.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The margins on new equipment computer sales is maxed out at 15% with most computer retailers lucky to make 6-8% due to discounting. That's before operating expenses so only those selling closeouts and Factory refurbished systems and peripherals can make any real money on small volumes. What is surprising is that this industry doesn't treat it's affiliates as Value Added Resellers -VARs where they know every sale has to be credited to the affiliate.

Andy at TigerDirect (BF) knows this and makes sure he responds to all complaints on tracking sales. He also knows cookies are all important on closing ratios ( average is it takes 4-5 visits before a consumers buys) and the landing pages from the creatives also help if they are focused on related products. Individual product links have never done real well with any merchant within this category since most lead to discontinued or stockout pages. Most computer merchants are past masters on diversion, branding and low return day cookies and run their programs as advertising ..not sales.. campaigns. Recent cancelled programs include The OutPost at LS and PcConnections at BF. No real performers ( dogs Access Micro, UScomputers )at CJ who seem to have a very high reversal ratio and only Pc/MacMall have competitive prices.

ABW Ambassador
    Doesn't sound like you recommend this area. Thanks. You have made me realise that this would be a bad project from the start. I have bought a new domain with nothinbg to do with computers and intend to start soon.

Thanks for the help

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread