Update Your !!@#$*&^ Datafeed
    So merchants, a datafeed is used to display your products and prices on an affiliate website. When you don't update your datafeed with each inventory and pricing change, the people that click on your affiliate links get a REALLY negative opinion of your website and also of the affiliates website.

I'm going through my subscribed datafeeds on ShareASale and am looking at the last updated dates for the feeds. I'm dropping merchants right and left because of their really stale datafeeds... Stop making your website look bad. Stop making me look bad and update your !!@#$*&^ Datafeed!
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

I recently wrote to a merchant who had a very stale feed (1+ yrs old) and rec'd a quick response: they were stunned as they had been paying a 3rd party to manage their feed and it wasn't being done. Their feed was promptly updated. Not always the case, but may be worth an email.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

3. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by JoyUnltd View Post
    I recently wrote to a merchant who had a very stale feed (1+ yrs old) and rec'd a quick response: they were stunned as they had been paying a 3rd party to manage their feed and it wasn't being done. Their feed was promptly updated. Not always the case, but may be worth an email.
    Thanks, you are totally correct, I've had the same experience recently as well. Maybe there should be a monitoring service that alerts merchants...
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

5. Thanks From:

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    We think it's really important to have a current datafeed. To that end, there's a place in our interface which shows both the affiliate and the merchant the date of the last update and the status of the feed - missing photos, products not categorized, etc. I will say it can depend on the products, though; some of the feeds for my tourist attractions, like Madame Tussauds or Legoland, just don't change often, cause the ticket prices don't change.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

ShareASale has the last updated date in the UI as well. The merchants don't know to look there???

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    For context, keep in mind that a lot of the merchants in SAS are new and/or undermanned for management and tech, so expect more of that there since the barrier to entry is lowest of any of the major networks. That said, if the merchants are sizable, they need to have a feed that is updating with frequency.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

The problem is on every affiliate network... So, take AutoZone on CJ for instance. Big program, tons of money, 123,122 items in their feed, haven't updated since 17 Jan 2014 04:45 PST !!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    AvantLink sends an email if the datafeed hasn't been updated in the last 30 days. Its easy enough for me to forward that to the merchant for action. Not a huge thing to implement and all networks should take this action.

11. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    AvantLink sends an email if the datafeed hasn't been updated in the last 30 days. Its easy enough for me to forward that to the merchant for action. Not a huge thing to implement and all networks should take this action.
    This is really awesome! Are there any other networks that do this?

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread