Why are affiliates using crappy looking bitmaps instead of vector images?
    Vector images scale so much better and look so much more professional and non-scammy.

For people who don't know what vector images are.

It may be true that they scale easily...but..."look much more professional and non-scummy?"

What have you been smoking?
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    It may be true that they scale easily...but..."look much more professional and non-scummy?"

What have you been smoking?
    The edges are smooth and the aesthetic is clean. Compare that with the pixelated edges that are common of bitmaps...

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Depends on the designer and their skillset. Also there are limitations by the networks on how large of a file size you can use in your program (64k). Also they limit the file type that can be used.

Quote Originally Posted by ViralBible View Post
    The edges are smooth and the aesthetic is clean. Compare that with the pixelated edges that are common of bitmaps...
    I have been using JPEG images, mostly photographs, to illustrate (literally) thousands of web pages for the last 15+ years. I create them to be optimized for the web and at the intended display size. They do not have pixelated edges. Here is one sample...that I'll be using for several Facebook page headers (vector images not accepted) for the upcoming holiday weekend.

BTW - I have this particular full image available in my online gallery in sizes up to 26x40". I have others available up to 40x60" and have (thus far) not had any returned - even though my supplier offers a 30 day money back guarantee.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I have been using JPEG images, mostly photographs, to illustrate (literally) thousands of web pages for the last 15+ years. I create them to be optimized for the web and at the intended display size. They do not have pixelated edges. Here is one sample...that I'll be using for several Facebook page headers (vector images not accepted) for the upcoming holiday weekend.

BTW - I have this particular full image available in my online gallery in sizes up to 26x40". I have others available up to 40x60" and have (thus far) not had any returned - even though my supplier offers a 30 day money back guarantee.
    I think I wrote my question wrong.

When it comes to wanting to use a photograph, you're of course going to want to use bitmaps. But if you're placing texts in places or creating masks or shapes, why would you use something like PS for that?

For example, if I know that I don't have to alter an image at all, I'll throw the bitmap image into a vector editing software and use vectors to add text and/or shapes. Looks so much nicer.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread