Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Has anyone been able to get an updated report from Linkshare today? No new stats for me.

ABW Ambassador
    No, no update today yet.

I hope they are in the process of fixing the technical problems - the report system has been acting up for the past few weeks.

Jimbo, I just tried and got an update. A good update at that. They've been saving my ass all month.

GOD I LOVE LINKSHARE!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar

Some people like anchovies, too.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I tried some of the new LS formated reports last night but they just hung there for 10 minutes on a cable modem connection.

ABW Ambassador
    I never thought I'd say this - but Linkshare is A-OKAY. I have two really great performing merchants that I've been promoting. Although they take a month and a half to sent your check - I always get my checks.

Ummmm, see what happens when I praise a company. I just went to Linkshare and it says I am not aproved to any merchants. I went to check on payment status and nothing. It looks like the are doing a site update. Hss anyone else been there. Please tell me its just not me. :eek:

Lol Leader, jeeeesh!

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: Packy ]

ABW Ambassador
    yikes, it's not just you -- something is most definitely FUBAR.

Cedric, Pshooooo! I was really worried for awhile that it was just me. I thought I clicked the delete account button or something by mistake. I ran program level reports for the months that I haven't been paid for yet and saved them just to be safe. One thing I noticed is that the reports were fast. I wonder if they fixed their reporting program.

The serch engine to find merchants still sucks though.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    "I have two really great performing merchants that I've been promoting. Although they take a month and a half to sent your check - I always get my checks.~Jada"

You know the burning question...but I'm sure the answer to "WHICH ONES" is classified!

ABW Ambassador
    Well, everything looks completely back to normal.

It's after 12:30 am and I can't get the reports to run. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

>>The serch engine to find merchants still sucks though.<<

It is the most absolutely, without a doubt, completely, totally, absurdly USELESS search function I have ever seen.

Lol Cedric. It took me the ussual 15 minutes to pull the nightly report. Nothings changed in that respect. Linkshare is my #1 so I hate waiting til morning. I sleep better after I see my Linkshare reports.
    Almost everything is back for me. I am missing a merchant though. Ummm, My new main merchant there. I hope they find them soon.

As to their friggin search engine. I don't even know why they have one. I have never once found what I was looking for.

ABW Ambassador
    Well, now this is interesting. I generally run the Sales and Activity Report for All Merchants. Always end up with a two page report (less than 40 merchants).

However, I must have been working very hard yesterday. I have 170 page report (or so the links at the bottom of the page would suggest) -- which is over 3,000 merchants. Gosh, I don't remember joining all those merchants. :eek:

Actually, when I look at any of those pages, it just choses the TOTAL line for the report. hmmm...

Snare is pretty interesting at times, sort of like the internet version of the keystone cops.

What's really fun though is when your account disappears and you lose all the account history of who owes you and all that garbage.

And trying to get it back is impossible.

So here's a serious tip - at least once a week print out your Snare report for the week, month and year.

You never know when you will disappear for no known reason or ever for a known like threatening to sue them for not getting paid.

Lucky for me, I printed out the lists.

The reports worked fine for me last night. But I wondered why the date was Feb. 1. I didn't think they were in an overseas time zone. Just didn't like the results. Several days ago I had 39 orders from one merchant for a total of $1735.00. Somehow 47 orders were cancelled... :mad:

I must agree. The search engine sucks. I have never been able to search for an individual product at any of the merchants offering product links. :mad:

ABW Ambassador
    Here's how to get your Linkshare reports:

1. Login and request the report.
    2. Open a new browser and go get your BeFree reports.
    3. Browse through new BeFree merchants.
    4. Close BeFree and go get your CJ reports.
    5. Browse through new CJ merchants.
    6. Check your Linkshare browser window.
    7. Hit the browser stop button, then refresh.
    9. Get a cup of coffee or take a walk.
    10. Hit the browser stop button, then refresh. Repeat every ten minutes.

Whiznot,

I can't stop laughing. How did you know that's exactly what I do every morning?

Tracy

Now I remember what that reminds me of ... ENRON. Perhaps, LinkShare is taking a lesson from them. I received this from my sister, who used to work for Enron. Fortunately, she quit and sold her stock before everything hit the fan.

There is also a little joke in the name, as there used to be a week long course for executives entitled: "Understanding Enron".

UNDERSTANDING ENRON

In case you were wondering how Enron came into so much trouble, here is an explanation reputedly given by an Aggie professor to explain it in terms his students could understand:

Capitalism:
    You have two cows.
    You sell one and buy a bull.
    Your herd multiplies, and the economy grows. You sell them and retire on the income.

Enron Venture Capitalism:

You have two cows.
    You sell three of them to your publicly traded company, using letters of credit opened by your brother-in-law at the bank, then execute a debt/equity swap with an associated general offer so that you get all four cows back, with a tax exemption for five cows.

The milk rights of the six cows are transferred via an intermediary to a Cayman Island company secretly owned by the majority shareholder who sells the rights to all seven cows back to your listed company.

The annual report says the company owns eight cows, with an option on one more.

Repeat as necessary until you have $62 billion in assets, then declare bankruptcy.

[ 02-01-2002: Message edited by: Tracy V Grant ]

Lmao Tracy!

Wiznot, lol. Pretty close to what I do. Instead of hitting the refresh I am always hitting the back arrow to start over.

Haiko, Time to toast the Linkshare president isn't it. Can you get him here. Lex right???

Now they've gone and done it, they've screwed up my entire morning routine! I went into LinkShare to check my stats, and they flashed up so fast I didn't even see the query box fly by. Couldn't even take two steps towards the coffee pot before they were up.

Tracy

Lol Tracy,

It only has 2 days to find reports for this month so far. Give it a week and you'll have plenty of time to go get your coffee. Ummm, and take a shower, go shopping and retire.

quote:
    Originally posted by Whiznot:
    Here's how to get your Linkshare reports:

1. Login and request the report.
    2. Open a new browser and go get your BeFree reports.
    3. Browse through new BeFree merchants.
    4. Close BeFree and go get your CJ reports.
    5. Browse through new CJ merchants.
    6. Check your Linkshare browser window.
    7. Hit the browser stop button, then refresh.
    9. Get a cup of coffee or take a walk.
    10. Hit the browser stop button, then refresh. Repeat every ten minutes.

Very funny, yet so true! That is the same routine I go through every morning except for #9. I replace that step with checking performics and all the independant program reports! Today I am a little thrown off in my routine because I have been unable to log in to Performics...getting "page not found".

Duh,no wonder I can't log in to Performics. Totally for got the e-mail they sent concerning the launch of
    ConnectCommerceSM!
    quote:
    In an effort to implement this new version, access to your interface will
    be unavailable from February 1st at 7:00 pm CST until February 2nd at 7:00
    pm CST, while we complete the update. Your data, however, will remain
    intact and we will continue to track the performance that your site drives

[ 02-02-2002: Message edited by: Kat ]

ABW Ambassador
    Holy cow ... Linshare reports did break the speed limit this AM. Better not roast Lex yet!

Will I have to change my whole routine?

ABW Ambassador
    harrumph... I can't get a single report to run... not one... no matter how long I take making the coffee. :mad:

ABW Ambassador
    Linkshare reports were starting to slow down this morning. Maybe Packy is right.

Also, I kinda wonder if something is stuck. I haven't seen a new Linkshare sale in a couple of days, which is unusual.

Anyone seeing some new sales on yesterday and today's reports?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast