They tell me the checks were mailed
    early this week ...

They're in California and sometimes it
    takes up to week for it to get to me.
    So just wondering if anyone closer to
    them has received their check.

Thanks,
    Anne

Hi Anne, thanks for reminding me they even existed. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Well, I won't be getting no cheques from them, that's for sure. It's the usual "sent them a million clicks and made absolutely zero amount of $$$". [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]

I wonder why they haven't done the sensible thing and removed me for good, they seem to me a very "exclusive" outfit.

Oh well, I just, um, broke the duck (solly, my englis not vely good) with clickXchange the other day, yeah, who knows, I might get lucky with QuinStreet too in a few more years... :rolleyes:

Cheers,
    TianTian

I joined them last year and they keep sending me monthly newsletter...but then they stop doing it........not sure what happened w/ them.......since I don't go to their site anymore....and does not post any of their link in my site......(I don't even remember my login anymore... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img])

Do they have good merchants? I may visit them sometime..... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    If you have a LOTR page, they have good stuff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ... though I found Harry Potter a MUCH better seller than LOTR.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    " I might get lucky with QuinStreet too in a few more years...~TianTian "

I know what you mean! A stinking $5 payout--unhittable!! It's ridiculous. I sell more than that from CJ, Performics, and even did better at Snare (only counting merchants that actually paid)!!!

Say Leader, have I mentioned PlugInGo before at ABW (yeah, only about a couple million times actually)?

Here's the link, but please don't click on it: http://www.plugingo.com/

But if you must, please don't sign up.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

And in case you do sign up, sigh, please try not to make any money, yeah? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

At least with QuinStreet, I've never had to worry about not getting my cheques.

I must admit, sometimes Be Free seems way better than these, er, "under-achievers". :mad:

Cheers,
    TianTian

---------

Say again, pull the pin and count to whaaaaaa...

Must sleep (see below)

[ 02-08-2002: Message edited by: Haiko ]

ABW Ambassador
    I hate to say this but they showed up on f*****company a couple days ago. It's pretty vague but says something about 60% layoffs!?

ABW Ambassador
    Breeze,

That's a shame to hear. Quite honestly, I have had some success with them. About half of the merchants I have tried have been decent and have converted. I have even had them e-mail me and tell me way in advance (60 days) that they were dropping a merchant for poor performance.

Their support has been excellent and I regularly trade e-mails with a member of their staff who keeps me updated on what's going on and new programs.

All in all, my experience with them has been a good one.

Mike [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Dr. Evil, If what you say is true I think they will continue in that manner going forward. Just because f*****company reports on something doesn't always mean it is true. And even if it is true, just because a company tightens it's collar doesn't mean they are finished.

I hope they can make it! Sounds like one heck of a good program from what you report!

Er, breeze and Dr. Evil,

Are we still talking about PlugInGo or QuinStreet?

I know Haiko's referring to PlugInGo - "the power to save profit". And it is PlugInGo with whom I have an "issue" with, not QuinStreet, for which last time I checked, it's only about a thousand clicks and zero sales so far.

But PlugInGo did commit the following bad deeds:
    1) Removed a $5 or $10 sign-up bonus from my account for no reason (after they "upgraded" their system last year).

2) Refused to pay me anything after I have met their minimum ($25) since last year.

3) Failed to respond to every email I sent them other than the very first ONE asking "Hey, do I get the sign-up bonus right after I join?"

4) Shut down the on-site Forum probably because too many of us were inquiring about our long overdue cheques.

5) Failed to explain how my mailbox is full of messages from merchants that are not clickable, hence no way of reading them. FYI, the very last message before they deactivated their mailbox was from a merchant fed-up with PlugInGo's "passthrough script not working" and "a phone number that is not in service", amongst other complaints.

Truly awful...

Cheers,
    TianTian

[edited to remove sensitive materials... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ]

[ 02-08-2002: Message edited by: TianTian ]

Ooops ... I need more sleep [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]

Leader,

quote:
    and even did better at Snare

God I love it when you BRAG about a good company. Lmao! I think I did what the news does huh, just told half the story. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Yeah, you did only tell half the story! Don't get me started about that Snare!!!

But Quinstreet was a bit worse--they didn't even SAY I made the minimum there...

Anyway, I'm glad you love it when I brag about a good company--CommissionJunction! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Well ....

This wasn't supposed to be let's bash
    Quinstreet post. :rolleyes:

I just wanted to know if anyone closer
    to California had gotten their check.

I finally got an answer from one of
    their account managers -- Usually QS
    has their checks mailed by the 1st or
    2nd of Every month (or earlier)
    and I have mine in-hand by the 5th - 7th.

This month they were updating
    their Accounting software. He also advised
    me not to worry (my email to him conveyed
    a very Nervous affiliate wanting to what
    was going on with her check!) -- QS's
    sales were up 400% this fiscal year.

Checks went out on Thursday (I should
    see mine by Tuesday).

If they're laying off 60% of their
    employees, my account manager made the
    cut 'cause he's still there and he hasn't
    been with them very long.

I make pretty decent money with QS. I have
    a good relationship with an account
    manager who keeps me up to date on the
    new programs and heads up on pulling
    the ones that lose funding.

Right now they owe me lots of money so
    I'm being Very Positive. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Anne

ABW Ambassador
    I more than made the minimum (by far) my first month with them -- still waiting on that check thing, though.

Their merchants are limited, but for me, they were worth signing up with (as long as I get paid [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]).

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread