Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    quote:

Sorry to get off on a rant here Andy but I think it's important that all the lurkers here understand how wide of a spectrum we're dealing with here in regards to affiliate managers (you: excellent; Fred: horrible). That needs to be understood in order to take Fred's diatribes for what they're worth.

Oh, did I mention that affiliates who continue to ask Fred for payment are threatened with removal from his program and forfeiture of all their earnings if they don't keep quiet?[/QB]

Ok, in order to keep this thread about TigerDirect and how you can make money as an affiliate partner, i'm going to ask that if you wish to continue the "Fred's marketing 101" that we take it somewhere else. i have created a special "Fred" topic. No offense Fred, just housekeeping. You understand.

No problem with me...that's fine.

Actually, I DO want to hear Fred's internet marketing 101.

I have heard the same old worn out advise from all the others time and again. Fred seems to have thrown most of that out the window and still makes money.

The question is does Fred want to tell all? A lot of us doing the same thing might undermine his success.

Fred, at least repost that bit about newsletters, OK? I only got a brief glance at it.

Fred about incentivising clicks to your ClicksGalore banner, Is it OK if I plead with my visitors to click on it and let the page load?

It had 10709 impressions yesterday but not that many clicks. Maybe, the page isn't fully loading. If I tell people that I will remove some of the other advertising if they will do me the favor of clicking on your banner and letting the page load, they might just do it. They like my site.

What do you feel about this?

(never mind, they fixed it)

[ 02-01-2002: Message edited by: SSanf ]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I think TigerDirects efforts to increase the earnings of their affiliates is commendable and Fred should be able to help us in the benefits of e-mail blasts. Everyone has an angle to promote sales and Fred chooses the opt-in list mechanism to mass mailings. He also knows that TD's own e-mail flyers probabale would have triple is conversion rates since they DO offer a great deal for those who click on them.

My studies and polls show the #1 reason web surfers do not click on banners and even e-mail offers is they cannot find a true value for their time at the end of those clicks. If your site isn't deserving of a bookmark ..don't waste my time or others by advertising it through an affiliate program.

Sure SanF...tell you visitors to go to Cool Stuff.

The more real traffic the better.

Fred, thanks, I'll give that a try.

I already have a links page where about 150 to 200 Pagan sites have posted. I am also setting up a free Pagan personals site for Pagans to meet other Pagans. I have to do this myself and make it free because none if the commercial personal sites give the option of Pagan only entries or even give Pagan as a religious choice. They say there aren't enough Pagans to make it worthwhile. What a crock. They should be able to get at a minimum 10,000! I am currently adding a link to it in all the Pagan search engines and asking people in groups I belong to to post.

I guess, there would be no harm in gathering these e-mails since they initiated contact with me. I could send them an e-mail asking if they want to be on the Sanfords.Net newsletter list.

It could be a pretty good newsletter with information on legal matters, breaking news and other items of interest to Pagans such as holiday traditions and recepies.

What do you think?

I NEED MORE TIME!!

[ 02-02-2002: Message edited by: SSanf ]

Newletters 101.

If you have an online business you should have one. Mine were built into the affiliate program software I use for the paid email program.

For the FREE non-incentivised newsletters I used to use beCentral or Lyris but now use Click n Promote because it's cheaper, has more features and you can cover your cost and even make a profit if you refer 3 or 4 people to use CnP.

Newsletters don't need to be huge or contain very much content. They just need to INFORM
    quickly and have a perceived value for people to sign up.

To get people to sign up you have to ASK them. Tell them WHY & HOW they will benefit, that you will not sell their name or email address, and not spam them.

You can do this on ONE webpage. Then it is simply get as many people to view the page as you can. CnP let's has sign up forms and an autoresponder to confirm and say thanks for joining built right in - andyou can run
    more than one newsletter from the same place.

If you use a banner exchange for your site - your exchange banner should take people to your newsletter page not your site. Every subscriber is worth more than a single visitor to your site. You should place ads for your FREE newsletter in Free classified sites.

If you want to explode subscriptions set up an affiliate program for the newsletter.

If it is a FREE newsletter - don't send it out more than twice a week. Once a week is better with the option to have a special edition from time to time.

If you are an affiliate of a merchant that has a good deal - tell them about it and give them a link to offer with your code built in.

People's time is valuable - if you send too many "ads" they will not go to any - 2 is good, 3 is about max.

No one is going to spend more than 60 seconds reading your ezine. You got to get their attention quick and INFORM.

If you INFORM and people perceive value in your newsletter - the more issues they get the more they tend to look at the offers or web pages you tell them about.

And lots of people will make store your ezine in a folder and come back to it later if they simply do not have time to go over to offers or read it. So you will sometimes see people showing up at places you told them about 30 or so days later.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Yes, it does. I am still adding to the Pagan search engines. You would be surprised how many there are.

I think this will take a while to get underway. But, it shouldn't take too long once I have it up and going.

ahhh...the heck with it

[ 02-02-2002: Message edited by: SSanf ]

SSanf,

I liked your post; I wished that you didn't edit it.

Haiko

Sorry, I just felt like I was whipping a dead horse. I guess, I should have left it up.

Here's a way to earn more if you have a good
    converting merchant.

Get your own affiliate program - pay 2-3 cents per click thru tracked as a lead - have one landing page with a generic title that people will click on - something like Great Money Saving Deals.

When people go to your page - you give them about 10-15 seconds of spin about your page and the days deal, then redirect them automatically to 'the merchant's page,' who has the offer you are promoting.

You should also have an out link - like a link to GoClick where you make 2 cents - so the viewer has a choice if he/she is not really interested in the offer and takes your suggestion to find something else.

People do not mind this as you told them they were going to see a Money Saving Deal.

If you track clicks as leads - you only have to pay for about 1/3 of your traffic as the fraud crowd never gets credit because the click and go and that doesn't count.

If you make $10 commission on any sale - you cover you affiliate cost if you can sell 1/500 paid for clicks.

If you can sell 1/250 paid clicks you clear $5/sale.

The key to this strategy is you can get hundreds if not thousands of people to view your page and the offer. It's semi-targeted
    in that you are targetting bargains, savings,
    etc.

We used this same method to pay make $65k
    and pay CJ affiliates $70k plus in 2000 at 3 cents per click tracked as a lead.

We changed the offers if they didn't make a sale in 1/300.

It works...and you can focus on say 5 or 6 merchant specials per month.

Fred,

I'm unclear of 2 things you said above. Are you saying to pay .02 NOT for a click but for a lead? Would anyone signup for that?
    Or do you mean .02 a click.
    Also what networks do you recommend- clickxchange? Shareasale?

No you pay per click but you have it tracked as a lead.

The whole page has to completely load for it to count as a click.

The viewer doesn't have to do anything except stick around until the whole page is fully loaded.

So if 1,000 visit your page, you only have to pay for the ones who wait for it to fully load. The hit the back button or click and go stuff doesn't record.

This wipes out 95% of the fraud...anything other fraud is real simple to catch.

Hey, I just got a request to be added to my mailing list!

To: SSanford_1@yahoo.com

Subject: Hey! This site is neat! Add me to your mailing list right now!

Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 16:55:12 -0800

MM,
    I would like to be added to your mailing list. Your site is just
    great!!!

Blessings
    Silver

I don't really HAVE a mailing list! It was just bluff. Now, I have to make one. (Panicking here!)

OK I put something together.
    Please review it here!! :eek:

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread