Earning more Amazon commissions from international traffic
    Hey guys,

I've been searching around the forum trying to find some info on this, and haven't seen a whole lot on the subject, so thought I'd ask. Please let me know if this subject has already been addressed and I won't waste your time.

Basically I'm seeing some pretty good uptick over the last several months in international traffic on a couple of my sites where I promote a lot of Amazon products. One site is actually over 50% international traffic, with a lot of that being UK and Canada. It looks like Amazon actually has different stores and different affiliate programs in those countries, and I'm guessing that I'm not converting as well as I could be on this traffic by sending everyone to the amazon.com store. I think Amazon ships pretty much everywhere, but I'm guessing most people want to buy from the Amazon store in their country?

Anyone have any experience or recommendations for better capitalizing on international traffic? I was thinking of just adding multiple links (one for each Amazon store) for each product I review, then I heard about some plugins or and services that would detect the IP address of the the end user and direct them to the appropriate store that way. Anyone have any experience with any services like that? Any recommendations? Seems like it would be easier to use a plugin than going back and adding links for everything. Just don't want leave money on the table if I could be earning commissions on this traffic.

Thanks for the help.

OK so haven't heard back on this, but been doing a little research, and it looks like there are some options out there.

One cheap way to go that looks promising is this plugin: http://localazon.com/. Looks pretty basic, and requires you to find the product in each of the foreign Amazon storefronts. This would be pretty time consuming when I have hundreds, maybe thousands of Amazon links across my sites. Looks like it's only about $12 for the plugin.

Another option that looks like it has some nice tools is EasyAzon (http://easyazon.com/). Looks like it is a one time fee of $67 or $47 depending on how many sites you use the their plugin for. It looks like their service can automatically localize all of your Amazon links, which would save all of that effort, and easily justify that one time fee. I'm guessing you could pay for that pretty quick with the extra commissions you'd be earning.

The last and most sophisticated looking solution I've been able to find is GeoRiot (http://www.georiot.com/home). It sounds like they have some crazy translation algorithm that automatically finds the item your linking to in a user's local Amazon store and sends them there. They charge a monthly fee for the service ($10 per 10,000 clicks), but you get the first 30 days free so I'm thinking of trying out their plugin on a couple of my sites.

Anybody out there have any experience with these three solutions or any others that I've missed? Seems pretty cool to activate a plugin and see a 20% increase in commissions from Amazon. Almost seems too good to be true....

3. Thanks From:

OK so I tried out this GeoRiot service since they have a plugin that automatically takes care of converting all of your existing links to "globalized" links for Amazon. It actually did get me a pretty decent bump in commissions from the other Amazon storefronts around the world (especially UK and CA).

The foreign storefronts pay out commissions via check, but it's definitely worthwhile. I haven't really done anything but signed up for the other programs and activated the plugin. I definitely recommend this to any of you Amazon affiliates out there who want to earn some revenue from your international traffic. Their fees pay for themselves really quick, so don't let that steer you away. Free for the first 30 days makes it really easy to see that the fees are pretty insignificant.

I also like their dashboard more than the amazon associates one. You can look at all sorts of reports and see a lot more detail about your clicks. They also bring in all of the different commissions. Their geni.us links are pretty cool too for short URLs on social media.

I hope that helps some of you out there with the same problem I was having. GeoRiot seems like a pretty good solution.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread