ABW Ambassador
    Things that make you go hmmmmm...

A merchant that I use as filler (four sales for them between November and today -- ranging from $70 - $225) has a transaction showing up today on my account as a "performance incentive" -- no sale.

I'm not complaining, mind you (the incentive is more than I've made on any one commission for them, but less than I'd spend on my nephew for a birthday check), but there is no email to go with it, just this odd little number showing up in my account.

Will it make me promote them more? Possibly, I'll be looking at them today. But why no email to followup on this -- from my perspective, it looks like a "mistake" (that will end up with a big red bar)... I just can't fathom why they would give *me* a bonus. Looking at their EPC, there are other people selling them and doing a better job of it than I am.

I guess I don't really have a question, but I just find it queer and wonder if anyone else has thoughts on the matter.

ABW Ambassador
    Does the amount equal the difference between 10% and 15% commission on the sales you did get? If so, it might be the same merchant I got a bonus from today. They announced it quite a while before Christmas. I thought the trigger point was a thousand dollars in sales, though.

Elisabeth Archambault

ABW Ambassador
    I don't think so... their base rate is 12%. Although, they may have sent something out about doing a bonus and I ditched it because they're a filler merchant -- that makes more sense than a bonus out of the blue.

(btw, thanks for the PM, I'm checking it out. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img])

And if anyone is wondering why I don't promote them more -- they're in a saturated market, so I hadn't bothered. Now that I know a lot more about SEO, I may give them a shot...

quote:
    cedric wrote:
    Now that I know a lot more about SEO, I may give them a shot...

Hehehe, so the incentive bonus worked, yes? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread