Haiko, your pages always when opened bring on or get accidentaly forwarded to a new page with a link like the one mentioned in the Subject !

It gives a "The page cannot be displayed" error.

I've been guessing for many months, that at a site like yours and several other online, that the site does not receive the image//info & moves on to the direct URL.

Whatever, the intention here is to HEAR form others whether they face the similar fate & have to GO BACK on every freakin page or is it just yours truly ?

PS : Can you have the "ADD NEW TOPIC" button IMMEDIATELY following the TextArea where we write replies//posts so just an "Enter Key" should do it ?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    "Whatever, the intention here is to HEAR form others whether they face the similar fate & have to GO BACK on every freakin page or is it just yours truly?"

It hasn't happened to me...

ABW Ambassador
    Nor me,
    but
    WebSearchEngines had a problem with it.

I've no idea if he fixed it or not.

Better ask him.
    I don't think its due to the iframe as he runs iframes at his own site and never complains that it happens there [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I agree with you CEO,

I have noticed it on a 2MB Line, But when i use DSL The problem disappears, Maybe due to High Speed? :confused:

LoverUnderCover

I've never experienced it here, but did have the same problem with Linkexchange on my own pages when I had a 28.8 modem. After I got cable, the trouble disappeared.

BTW, Linkexchange owes me +750,000 impressions on one of my accounts, and the banner has a 1,5% ctr! Man, they show only a couple of hundred banners per day due to the extreme targetting. (Norwegian health/female sites)

Obviously, I've stopped showing Linkexchange banners on that site, but will still get targeted visitors for years to come.

CEO,

Linkexchange sucks, that is not my fault! I notified them of the "problem" when WSE first mentioned it and three times thereafter.

quote:
    Can you have the "ADD NEW TOPIC" button IMMEDIATELY following the TextArea where we write replies//posts so just an "Enter Key" should do it ?

Nope! We would have tons of New topic errors that should be posts ... they (programmers) have studied it.

Haiko

Thanks all of you for your replies.
    I now beleive it is the "speed" problem then.
    I had linkexchane banners on my site too & I faced the problem there too.

Haiko :
    "Nope! We would have tons of New topic errors that should be posts ... they (programmers) have studied it."

Maybe I was NOT clear in my statement.
    What I meant was your button where we actually REPLY to posts.
    So when I click Reply & then frame a message & now want to Post it I have to go below & CLICK the "Add Reply" button.
    In my case becuse I was the topic starter here it was "Add New Post".

So after one has written down a post, it is nice to click enter which I do on all other boards/forums, and so if you can have that here, it'll be good too.
    ; )
    Nothing major though.

I upgraded to ie 5.5 from 5.0 and it stopped... you using 5.0 or something else?

WebSearchEngines,

Yes I'm with IE 5.00......... here
    Whatever, I guess I'll just bear with it...... !

that could be it then... however, after upgrading to ie5.5 most web sites i visit have load of javascript errors... wassallaboot?

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread