Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Network Sold to Equity Consortium
    It was just announced that the EBay Enterprise Affiliate Network has been sold to a consortium of financial groups, basically equity partners who likely have no concept of affiliate marketing.

Sterling Partners and Permira Funds to Acquire eBay Enterprise

As bad as this network has been, it is unlikely to improve in the near future, and as to a long term future, who knows if they will have one.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

2. Thanks From:

With that network, the more things change the more they stay the same. I no longer use them at all.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I got caught up with them when existing merchants moved there - not a single one of them continued to produce as they had on other networks and I have been removing all ebay merchants from my sites.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

5. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound View Post
    I got caught up with them when existing merchants moved there - not a single one of them continued to produce as they had on other networks and I have been removing all ebay merchants from my sites.
    Same here. I "followed" Netshops' "Hayneedle" there a couple years back and conversions dropped to almost zero. Same with Target when GAN folded. When Hayneedle moved to CJ conversions "miraculously" improved. When Target moved to Impact Radius with a FUBAR transition I simply dropped them. I'm getting to old and cranky to put up with drama. I no longer have any merchants at eBay Enterprise.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..

7. Thanks From:

Yea, was removing them and IR merchants all morning yesterday.
    Looks like I may have missed a banner on one of the installs/sites somewhere.
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

Ditto Target, plus Cooking.com which at one time was my number one merchant (though LS and then CJ), plus Bellacor, Hayneedle (which I also have seen pick up after move to CJ)...

I just dropped Razorgator when they sliced commissions which was a no-brainer since they never produced anyway at ebay.

DeepDiscount I buy from on occasion so that's a problem if i totally ax the network.

DeepDiscount I buy from on occasion so that's a problem if i totally ax the network.
    If you don't want to deal with a certain network for one merchant you might consider picking them up through Prosperent or Skimlinks. I do that with "A" certain merchant (not on a network) that doesn't pay on self referrals - works great.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread