Do Affiliates Get Access to SKU's? (Clothing Retail)
    Hi everyone!
    I am completely new and have a couple questions that I would very much appreciate any help for!

1) We are going to be a clothing retailer, and we need to find out if we can get SKU's from the retailers and boutiques we choose to affiliate with. What other types of data on the actual clothing are we allowed access to?

2) What other data are we allowed access to from the retailers and boutiques we affiliate with?
    For instance, are we allowed to look/scrape at their site for client behavior patterns? Or even data about clothing buying trends?

I would think in order to properly categorize their inventory on our site we would need quite a bit of information so I would assume we will get access, but to what exactly?

I truly appreciate your responses, and I apologize if this is a slap to the forehead obvious, be gentle-- I'm a newbie!
    I also appreciate all your amazing advice which I will continue to study on this forum!
    Best-
    Lure'

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Most of the merchants have datafeeds which include things like SKUs, sizes and colors available, etc. I can't imagine a single merchant who would permit you to scrape their site for shopping patterns, but the Affiliate Manager should be able to give you insights about best sellers, seasonal favorites, etc. Merchants also like to share new product lines and special sales information via regular emails to their affiliates as well.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Thank you so much JCrooks!
    May I ask, what about sharing their inventory (library of apparel)? For instance, I should be able to somehow access their recently added apparel right? If they want me to sell it Am I somehow notified that new inventory is in for me to then upload to my site?
    Thank you again!

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    There are a couple of different ways you could be notified about new inventory - many merchants send out email notifications plus put it into their datafeeds. Glad this is helping you.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread