Stats on an Offline Domain
    I have a domain that i took down a few months back. So I am ready to start redoing the site and go to google analytics and there is still reported traffic to the Root of the site. How is this possible and what can I do to get rid of it? Should I delete and recreate the property?
    Thanks,
    Doug

This answer is a bit late, sorry I just joined last night. My best guess is that the previous website had backlinks which are still at play and/or the domain name itself is one people look for or is a typo site (similar to or misspelling of a popular site) causing direct Type-ins. As for removing these links, first of all you will lose traffic which may or may not be the traffic you are looking for. To remove them the obvious would be to do a backlink check which will give you a list of links to your "site" then you can go to its origin and request they remove it. There are several SEO companies out there who are eager to help. Hope this helps..

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug247 View Post
    I have a domain that i took down a few months back. So I am ready to start redoing the site and go to google analytics and there is still reported traffic to the Root of the site. How is this possible and what can I do to get rid of it? Should I delete and recreate the property?
    Why in the world do you see this as a problem and want to "get rid of it"? That does not make sense to me.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

The only reason I would get rid of it is if the reason is from previous backlinks and only if they are BAD backlinks. It is even possible that they will violate Google's guidelines.. or just keep your page rank at 0. Some competitors will even buy bad backlinks to your site to lower your page rank but they wont say they do..

I still have the looking to get it going again...
    Thanks,
    Doug

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread