Smile Sugestions for good websites to affiliate on?
    Hi everyone, I have built several websites before but I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for good website companies to build my website for affiliating on? I have had Host Papa before, they have a column for it, I have some Wix websites I don't think they have any templates suitable for Affiliating or am I wrong? Any feedback is muchly appreciated. Thanks.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    First of all, basically any site that is otherwise sound, attractive, functions properly and is dependable, can be used to promote affiliate products.

That said, the most popular platform today is likely Wordpress, and while I use it for several sites (not just blogs) I also really like and put to good use, Rapidweaver, but that is available only for Mac.

While I would never use Wix (free version is not appropriate for any legitimate business and paid version is outrageously priced when compared to free wordpress.org and software like Rapidweaver) I fooled around with it for a few hours a couple of years ago and see no reason why it could not be used for an affiliate site.

If, however, what you are looking for is outsourcing the actual building of a site, then I'll let others who have done this make suggestions.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Thanks Phil, I could be wrong and confused but Wix and many others I have looked at, have no space down one side to place the affiliates ads? Have I got it all wrong? I had a hostpapa a couple of years ago and their websites had space down the side for affiliate ads.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Just pasting ads on the sidebar of a site will virtually never succeed. Relevant products need to be integrated into the context and the text of a site. You can do this with direct affiliate links to merchants or to other pages on your site that are devoted to product displays.

For example, on my sports blog (ed note - Been super busy on a major project past few weeks and have not been writing sports posts as I generally try to do almost every day) If I write about the Clippers re-signing DeAndre Jordan, I'll intersperse a Jordan shirt or jersey, and when I write "Clippers" it will be a link to the Clippers Shop I have elsewhere on the blog site, offering dozens of different Clippers' items. On my kitchenware site, I'll have an article all about onions and garlic, and have text links and some graphics through it promoting garlic presses, garlic bakers, onion choppers, etc.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

5. Thanks From:

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread