Does anybody know for sure if the 800.Com program is going to terminate and when? :eek:

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The program will never terminate since BeFree has no way to drop merchants. They are in serious bankrupsy with real cash flow problems. No inventory to speak of, but they definitely would appreciate the concerted efforts of all ABW members and even their competitors to triple their banners and text links banners this month so the CEO can get paid and they can run some scumwarez Ads.

ABW Ambassador
    800.COM now redirecting to Circuit City.

Thanks alot to Befree for not telling us.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by jimbo2002:
    800.COM now redirecting to Circuit City.

<<<< OPEN INVITATION >>>>

To all affilites that had links to the now defunct 800.com.

I want to invite you to join me at TigerDirect. Take this as my personal invitation, you may contact me personally to ask me any questions that you may have.

We are here and will not be going anywhere. We have grown 200% last year, while the others come and go, we are making money. Why? Simple. We buy deals, closeouts and bail out computer/technology product companies that are in financial trouble. We have the pockets to buy in volume. We sell at low margins and make a little on volume sales.

Ask around, we pay well, convert well and have a great affiliate program growing daily...

The invitation is there..the ball is you court...take advantage of our limited 4% ABW member offer: http://www.abestweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/...;f=23;t=000029

"some people make things happen, some wonder what happened and some never know what happened - which one are you?"

Make it happen for you today....

See you onboard...

Cheers,

This is the first I've heard of 800.com going down the tubes. :eek: Did any affiliate get notified by BeFree or 800.com?

What would be a good replacement affiliate program for 800.com? Best Buy?

Dan

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Andy's program has a few electronics offerings but primarily is for computer gear. 1-800 shot itself in the foot by eliminating the real deals and raising prices. The Outpost, FingerHut, Service Merchandise are gone with Buy.com to follow. We all know Walmart ( special invitation only) has cookie issues and poor click/sales ratios. ABT electronics doesn't seem to convert and has high amounts of reversals. eCost (CJ) Half.com and Overstock (BF) are OK but the 1% sucks. BestBuys as a brick-n-mortar major would probably just divert sales and run their program as a FREE traffic vehicle under their advertising department.

Big void in this category which is best serviced via a quick trip to the local store or Mall. I refuse to work with Bezos at Amazon and Half.com has shown me nothing for promotional efforts. Basically the main brands and Amazon will hog all the PPC keywords for this category so look elsewhere or concentrate on digital cameras and computer gear.

[ 03-02-2002: Message edited by: EcomCity.com ]

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread