Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    quote:
    You have received this message because you are a publisher in the Commission Junction network. To change your messaging preferences please see the Subscription Information at the end of the message.

This April Commission Junction will be launching a new version of the Account Manager, the Web-based interface that lets you manage all the programs within your account. Account Manager 6.0 will feature an exciting new look and feel and an improved user experience for both publishers and advertisers, but most importantly, it will introduce a new relationship management component that will significantly increase your interaction opportunities in the network. This will include features that enable both CJ Access and CJ Vantage advertisers to more easily find publishers in the network, extend specific offers, and manage their relationships.

With Account Manager 6.0, program terms will be used to define and establish each of your advertiser relationships. Program terms are specific offers advertisers can create and extend to one or more publishers or the entire network. Account Manager 6.0 also includes new features for publishers that will help you develop more high-quality partnerships through Commission Junction.

Account Manager 6.0 will enable you to:

Receive and apply for specific program terms from advertisers.

Manage your advertiser relationships by the status of their program terms (My Advertisers, Pending Publisher Approval, Pending Advertiser Approval, Publisher Expired, Advertiser Expired, Declined Offers and Declined Applications).

View the details (commission rates, tracking methods, referral terms, etc.) and history of your advertiser relationships.

Contact your advertisers easily via their designated direct contact. You may provide a direct contact for your advertisers to use as well. The new default settings will assign your Superuser as the direct contact until you change it.
    Commission Junction leads the industry with easy to use, full functioning solutions. Account Manager 6.0 is the result of our latest efforts to meet your needs by providing you with the functionality to better manage your partnerships so you can optimize your earning potential.

Stay posted for more details regarding Account Manager 6.0. If you have any questions concerning this upcoming release, please login to your account (http://www.cj.com/login.jsp). Then use the "Support" drop-down menu at the top of the page to ask client services a question.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Cholawsky
    Senior Vice President Marketing & Product Development

Here's to CJ!

ABW Ambassador
    Si I guess CJ's website will be down a lot in the coming weeks.

new interface = bugs = lost sales

I would like to opt out.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Notice how the Ver 6.0 PR spin failed to address the major issues. No DHTML creatives. No abitity beyond having your own dedicated server to use their 2 GB datafeed ( designed for comparison shopping site Dupers) -No ability to uncover whether any CJ merchant has Keep=NO to eliminate their published cookie durations.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    @jimbo - LOL, so true

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Turkey is right. Let me stay with the old interface for 2 or 3 months while you test the new one. When I'm sure everything is fine, then I'll consider switching.

Uninterrupted real time tracking is all I care about, everything else is uninportant. What the silly thing looks like is meaningless. I was happy in the old days. You guys remember the old days, cj wasn't taking 30 per cent of the commission the old interface was fine with me and every merchant had a 45 day cookie, why not bring that back!!!

Ecom also has a point, the important issues to publishers are not being addressed. We want to keep our sales, and not have parasites steal them. Where is the announcement, that ebates has been thrown out of cj permanently for using their software to steal the commissions of other publishers. Give me this and I'll be happy. cj is not even sensitive to us, every time the ebates guy is the posterchild for publishers on the cj opening page, it pisses us all off. cj could at least remove his quote and picture from the loop.

Mike
    Bovine Bazaar
    Cow and horse gifts and collectibles

Todd, can you please join us here and give us a little more info about all of this and answer some of our questions?

Thanks!

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

15 years and counting
    I'll like to see a new interface with better management components but my experience is so negative.
    After all the updates we have been going thru I don't trust any of the network tech crews.
    I agree also with ToughTurkey
    quote:
    new interface = bugs = lost sales

Give us an option to opt out.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

I share your concerns but on the other hand I like seeing new stuff in my account manager to play with hehe

-NO WAR-

I know this is supposed to be a good thing.

But it's not.

Everytime CJ upgrades or performs maintenance, there's a problem with it, it seems. Previous upgrades have deleted the "Favorite Links" folder, as well as the ability to track individual product links. Neither of these changes was done for the good of the publisher, in my opinion.

Yes, CJ has allowed publishers that took/take commissions from other publishers to remain in the network, even rewarded them with honors for their "performance", which was at the expense of other publishers in the network.

Now unscrupulous merchants can steal commissions from publishers because it's difficult to track individual product links. With everything falling under the guise of "Product Catalog 1" there is no intelligent way to determine what products interest site visitors unless a purchase is made.

I'm a firm believer that actions speak louder than words, and CJ is only making it more difficult for publishers to be successful because of the issues mentioned above. Why they are doing it is only known to them, but I trust it will eventually come out.

It always does.

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

Everybody loves to complain, don't they? You haven't even seen the new stuff and you are already complaining about it. Most of the improvements are things you all have been asking for. Yes, you will be able to see return periods and keep= parameters, plus much more. I guarentee you (except Mike) will be happier with the new interface and features.

Tracking is completely separate from the reporting interface (how many times have I posted this?) so tracking will be uneffected by the upgrade - even if there are a few bugs.

It is just a few weeks away, so you will all have to wait and see for yourself. Until then, I don't know what else I can say.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

ABW Ambassador
    Todd,

Is this upgrade anyway related to the new datafeed activations? If not, when can we expect datafeed requests to be considered again?

PS: Hope this upgrade will bring in the most anticipated email enhancements.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Todd said 6.0 will reveal "keep= parameters". Thanks as now I can start looking at adding new CJ merchants and weeding out the Keep-NO ones who do not perform over the long haul. If these positive moves keep raising the bar to the other networks we all benefit. I totally oppomistic that at some point CJ will actually start informing their affiliate base which merchants are just spam front ends and BHO Dupers.

Todd at some point will understand where I come from after 4 years of forcing changes to the networks at the point of my verbal tongue. Don't hide the sneaky diversion tactics, the B-A-HO partnerships and spin over the income potential of CJ merchants as all will be uncovered and exposed like dirty laundry.

Todd also knows I one of the affiliates who would never resort to cheating by devising "tricks for clicks" like so many of the CJ affiliates do causing this industry a real black eye. Hey I'm a freak within the ecommerce community in that I'm not driven by GREED.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

[This message was edited by EcomCity.com on March 25, 2003 at 02:28 PM.]

quote:
    Originally posted by ToddCrawford, CJ.com:
    Everybody loves to complain, don't they? You haven't even seen the new stuff and you are already complaining about it.
    Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Todd,

Please note that I was not one of the complainers (Surprise!). However, it would have been good of CJ not to announce this until they were ready to give us all the details in the orginal email. Especially if it is weeks away. It only encourages posts like those above.

I guess that was all I wanted to know...what all will it include? What are the improvements we can look forward to?

Oh, will the datafeeds be available then? I've been waiting soooooo patiently.

Please!!!

Pretty Please!!!!!

Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

15 years and counting
    I'm one of whose complaining, but I don't feel bad about it, Todd. It shows first, I have an interest for your service, and I'm doing you a favor, just by giving you my feedback. I like my visitors to tell me about a link not working or a popup from one of those parasites. Not you? Because, with others, lots of people, I've been complaining, I've the feeling affiliate marketing is doing much better than a few years ago. It's far from being perfect but I still think that if we complain enough, it will be better. We're one of the reasons CJ is in business. You should listen to us better.
    Just one thing I'll like to see back ASAP is the ability to track individual product links, not by adding a sid but directly like before, and an other point is to really respect an ethic code and to ban all (most of) the cheaters. Can't you really do nothing when one of your affiliates makes xerox copy of my (or others) websites and get money from you... By the way, keep everything that made CJ great, near real time reporting, direct deposit, EPC...

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

quote:
    Is this upgrade anyway related to the new datafeed activations? If not, when can we expect datafeed requests to be considered again?

Yes, datafeeds will be upgraded in this release.

quote:
    Can't you really do nothing when one of your affiliates makes xerox copy of my (or others) websites and get money from you

It is difficult for CJ to "prove" who owned the content first. There are other issues that make this very complicated and difficult for us to police.

As for keep=no, you will see in the program terms the length of the referral period and if you get paid on all, the first or some number of referred sales/leads. Examples: 5% commission on all sales within 10 days - or - 10% on first sale within 7 days - or - 15% on first 3 sales within 5 days.

Stay tuned! It looks cool too.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

15 years and counting
    quote:
    It is difficult for CJ to "prove" who owned the content first. There are other issues that make this very complicated and difficult for us to police.

I assure you, 95% of the time it's obvious. We're not in a perfect world, get rid of the obvious, everybody will understand if you can't decide in all cases.
    I've seen before you post that merchants have also problems with the cheaters. Look like they are the sames.

Todd,

Can you give us more information about the datafeeds?

1. Will they still be free for those who sell over $10,000 in products a month or will there be some kind of fee?

2. Will the new datafeed feature allow us to select and easily change which datafeeds we can receive?

I think the new interface will be awesome but like mentioned by others I fear the usual downtime doesn't effect tracking yet mysterious severe sales drop syndrome.

quote:
    posted March 25, 2003 04:59 PM
    Todd,

Can you give us more information about the datafeeds?

1. Will they still be free for those who sell over $10,000 in products a month or will there be some kind of fee?

2. Will the new datafeed feature allow us to select and easily change which datafeeds we can receive?
    I am not sure about all this. I will check on it though.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    It's nice to see an upgrade coming along, and I am especially pleased regarding the KEEP option, that is an important featre.

Time Is A Parasite's Friend

ABW Ambassador
    For those of us that are existing consumers of the data feeds... I hope that the upgrade is not going to BREAK the existing system...

Todd,
    Most members belong to cj and are working with cj, so that is why all have complaints.
    These complaint tell you what is missing on cj. If you consider them, you can make more strong and good cj. Here everybody wish to have CJ as number #1, but your changes, downtime of account manager, some reporting issues bring them to complaints.
    These Complaints want to make something correct in CJ. And they are only with hopes of goodness, else all love cj.

Kamaluddin Panhwar
    Commission is good comming from only sales and will live long.

(Bumping this before I forget where I posted it)

Todd,

Any information yet on my datafeed questions? I am so very anxious to get those datafeeds and start making us both some more money!

I think the outstanding questions was..."2. Will the new datafeed feature allow us to select and easily change which datafeeds we can receive?" The answer is no, the new upgrades will not allow publishers to select the feeds they want or change their feeds form the members area. You will need to set up your subscription(s) and get them fed to you via ftp. If you want to change your feeds, you would need to make a request.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast