quote:
    In the case that the fees for returned products exceed the balance of fees to be paid to You, You may be billed for that excess.

I never saw this before. Is this common and I haven't been reading agreements close enough or is this unusual?

ABW Ambassador
    I've seen clauses similar in a lot of places. It's the merchant's way pf protecting themselves against paying out commissions on sales that didn't "stick". It's not pretty, but it's not unreasonable either. That is the one advantage of merchants that are slower to pay - whatever money you get you are more likely to keep, not have clawed back, because by the time they write your check the customer's return period is past.

Elisabeth Archambault

Guess how long I would continue promoting a merchant who sent me a bill for promoting them.

oh, so what they meant to say was any commission reversed (assuming I'm not being defrauded) I will have to give back because it wasn't really mine.

Their wording is somewhat sinister. My thoughts were if someone walks into a convenience store with a gun and "bills them for the excess" they go to prison.

At face value it sounds like some mysterious fee is going to drop out of the sky and I will have to pay. Oh well, they will have to hire a few lawyers from a Diplomatic Corp, in the mean time they can kiss my (bill for the excess).
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks all

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread