ABW Ambassador
    I was attempting to remain quiet on this issue...As I've mentioned in ABW several times, we are in the process of setting up some 'local' sites...directories of a particular city. There are several that we are working on and all is in the pre-launch stages. Anyhow, one thing that I loved about Direct Leads/Stuff was their branded MyCoupons and Direct Certificates. These are a perfect addition to our local sites. I will say that they were extremely helpful in getting things set up. With their Direct Certificates program, you have to e-mail them the templates you wish to use. Well, ever since this whole crap started with their forums, and their employees have become active in these boards, they now refuse to update our templates for the branded sites. I strongly believe that it is because I am very active in these boards. I have inquired to them about why they won't update them, and my e-mails go unanswered. I will find something else to fill in these empty spots. I don't, however, understand how somebody can take what I think are perfect products, and run them into the ground. Perhaps they take it personally that I'm active with ABW...such a shame...

Tom Pyles

Well, come on, Tom. From what I've read here, they aren't long on common sense.

quote:
    I strongly believe that it is because I am very active in these boards.

That is just petty (on Direct Leads part).

I stopped using Direct Lead advertisers around December because a whole lot of thier CPC advertisers left. Then I started noticing CPL advertisers were leaving right, left and center. Then I noticed a couple of advertisers kept on deactivating their programs one week and then reactivated it a week later and deactivate another week later.

Did anyone else notice the "National Defense Audit" program doing this about 6 times?

Then after all that all this stuff comes out about Jason's reputation. Look's like I'm not going back now.

Tom, I know the type very well. He's having a psychotic breakdown. There'll be lots of fallout as everyone and everyone gets blamed for the mess he's in. I suggest you find or make a replacement for this guys contribution to the exchequer.

He thought his customers were happy little lambs to the slaughter, he was the shepherd and Barb was Little Bo Peep. When he could no longer censor his way out of reality his control freakery extended to hacking Haiko's server, or having it hacked.

Like I say - psychotic. And not terribly polite. I have a whole collection just like him.

I

ABW Ambassador
    BTW, I'm still getting no replies from them. Not once have I mentioned the fiasco, I just inquire why my templates won't be updated. It is truly unfortunate since they WERE a perftect match for what I was doing. It would have been not only a great tool for coupons/certificates, but a great marketing pitch when I talk to local businesses. My loss is their loss...still looking for a few alternates (maybe I'll turn one of them into a Cognigen page [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] )

Any update here Tom?

Also do they Pay IN FULL and ON TIME?

I recently started promoting a few DirectLeads offers and am wondering if I just dicked myself.

ABW Ambassador
    No reply yet...at all...Don't know if they pay on time...this was new venture using them, and I haven't reached the minimum yet...

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Why doesn't it sink in that the only successful ones in this "incent" industry are directly tied to either: Scumware like Gator, Parasites like Whenu.com/ShopNow -spamm list farmers with FREEBEE frontends who also embed Adware trojans or the con artists who operate the likes of MC workerbee communities. These automated hijackers ( fed every night by CCJ BF and LS) will bury legit efforts til the merchants tire of incent offers and special coupons being thrust down there shoppers throats. Why spend time and money putting online what fills our wastebaskets daily from our home mailboxes. Directmail even pales to the spam mail efforts.

Let me ask my question a different way.

Has ANYONE been paid by DirectLeads, ONTIME and IN FULL? (ie the check was sent on time and was for the entire amount earned for the pay period)

ABW Ambassador
    CK, I have been paid on time for the last few months..

When I first started to work with them my first payment was late.

Since then they have been on time and paid in full.

Except for less than 5.00 pending as unpaid by the advertisers. (Big whoop)

I am actually very happy with DirectStuff.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread