ABW Ambassador
    Hi
    I am wondering whether it would be worth my time putting my educational software up for affiliate sales. I am the author of Lesson Planner for windows and more recently Report Writer. Both of these are teacher only tools and I was wondering whether there would be a market for sales of these. Any advice welcome, as well as advice on the cheapest way to offer an affiliate program for download only software.

For more information on the products, visit: www.teacher-1-stop.co.uk/lessonplanner

Any help welcome.

thanks [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Just took a look at Wordtracker data on Google for lesson planning related keyword phrases. I'd say you have plenty of niche keyword phrases to market your product.

The site has that nice Evoy style to it (a good thing, I do like Ken's style), and if your product is good, you probably can do it.

I'd suggest ClickBank. The setup is cheap, and there is already an affiliate network in place (though not as renowned as cj, so you might need to drum up some of your own affiliates on boards and sites like this).

That reminds me, I really need to finish my page on non-merchant account cc acceptance options.

If your software gives the teacher some benefits by using it, there is a market.
    You just have to show that the benefits are worth far more to the teacher than the small price you're asking for it. (Tip: Break the price down to per day/per student or similar, to make it look even more worth it's weight in $$$. ; "Organize your lessons for only $0.05 per day!")

Clickbank.com is probably the easiest to start with when you want to sell software.
    Clickbank provides the merchant account and the software you need.

They charge a small fee per transaction, and have a good reputation.

Startup costs: $0.
    You decide the commission.

Only problem with Clickbank I can think of is their low number of affiliates. Although they have a lot, they're far away from CJ.com
    I think CJ might be to expensive for your niche. After all, it is a very narrow market.

ClickBank startup is not free. It's a $49.95 activation fee.

This page is a sloppy table of the different fees for some of the turnkey options, and yes the ClickBank link is an affiliate link, so don't click on it without knowing that I'd probably get paid for your signup [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] .

The fee I used to give an example was $25, since this table was to finalize my recommendation to a semi-client selling an info product at $25.

HTH.

Edited to add the link to the table and now I really should go hang laundry to dry...

[ 03-02-2002: Message edited by: webmistress ]

Sorry about that. Thanks for the useful table.

ABW Ambassador
    Hi again
    I am happy with Clickbank as it does seem to offer a cheap way of setting this up. I was wondering though, would the fact that I offer a trial download cause problems or would the clickbank cookie tracking take care of this - i.e. when someone goes to buy, their cookie is tracked on the sales page?

Hope this is clear. Would love an answer if anyone has this info.

Andy, I wonder how you do with the trial downloads. Do they convert good into sales? If so, maybe you could pay for each free download. I think that would increase your affiliate base to the maximum level. You would have to figure out your conversion rate and go from there as to what you can afford to pay affiliates. Just a thought.

ABW Ambassador
    Gameboy,
    I am unsure about conversion rates but would think it is about 2% conversion rates. However, I am unable to gamble on paying for downloads yet because of my current situation. My software sells at $55 and I sell about 5 - 10 per month most months. I was thinking of paying only for a sale - about $20 for the affiliate.

ANyway, will keep thinking.....

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread