Yeah, yeah, I know it was a mistake, but the pages get traffic, and other coffee related items also sell. Actually, they sell more than the coffe, but there are occasional coffee sales.

Anyway, I am FED UP with Gevalia. A second "change everything immediately", and "if you do such and such we will terminate your account" kind of letter arrived today. Also, they are discontinuing their 6$ bounty on their continuity program. I don't even push that (why would I?), but most of my commissions from them last month were the bounty!

Tried Ashlane at Linkshare. I have $1 sitting in the kitty there. I've written to Performics asking if they have any other coffee merchants (don't feel like wading through each merchant one at a time there to find one). Sure wish Starbucks would run an affiliate program.

All suggestions highly appreciated.

webmistress with a coffee addiction

ABW Ambassador
    I got the same note from Gevalia and wrote back to point out that they were missing something here. The free offers they want us to take down are on the Performics dynamic links system and the whole point of that is *so the merchant can update the banners and landing pages from THEIR end!!!*

I said if they made proper use of that system it would save everyone a lot of headaches. (I didn't say this, but it would also spare us from receiving such crabby-sounding letters!)

Haven't heard back from them yet. I just checked in my Performics account and the banners they want us to stop using are still in there!

Yeesh ....

BTW, Gevalia was my top Performics merchant for the last two months.

Elisabeth Archambault

They have definitely converted better than any other coffee merchant I've tried, but with the end of the bounty for the continuity program, my stats will change drastically. The vast majority of my commissions from them were the $6 bounty.

Hadn't really thought of the point you made about the dynamic links. I never used them. I was already put off last month with the letter basically telling us to which pages we are allowed to direct traffic and the end of the make your own links function.

Gevalia has the attitude that all affiliates are employees.

They are understaffed to handle all the stuff they had going. Affiliates got the shaft because they have TV ads running everywhere ant the 800 orders swamped them.

ABW Ambassador
    hope you find a replacement, but I just have to add that I've never had a better cup of coffee than from fresh ground gevalia coffee beans....mmmmnnn - too bad their programs not as great as the coffee [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Well, they are still tracking the leads for the continuity program, just paying out $0.00. Two so far this month for me. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I never mention the program, and don't send anyone to that page directly. It sure is a shame.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread