Alternative ways to attract affliates
    Hi!
    I want to ask expert affiliate managers - what are the most effective ways to attract new affliates. What sites/directories etc you use to promote your affiliate programs?

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    There are many threads on ABestWeb discussing both ideas on how to recruit affiliates as well as how affiliates like to be recruited. Spend some time wandering through the sub forums and you'll get many great ideas.

As far as directories, echoing Affiliate Warrior on your other thread, I haven't found them to be of any use in promoting a program, at least not a CPS program. I think there are some which focus on CPL but I can tell you that there is no information verification on those and, frankly, many just lie about programs they offer in hopes that an affiliate will lured in by one of them and instead signed up to another.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Have you tried giving incentives to affiliates for referrals? It works for me(I haven't gone to a single affiliate networking event). You can give your top affiliates a 2nd tier bonus for all webmasters they refer. I'm sure some of your top affiliates would love to help their friends earn more...and add a little more cash to their own pockets as well.

If you are based in the US, then the 2nd tier structure can jeopardize your program, as it then makes the merchant liable for compliance to MLM laws in addition to affiliate marketing compliance.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

5. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager
    Directories are worthless and you will not get anything from it. Time is better spent actually recruiting. Find websites you want to advertise on, and contact the owners of those sites. Build value and get them to join your program. In my opinion that is the best way to get quality affiliates.

7. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by AnastasiaBH View Post
    Hi!
    I want to ask expert affiliate managers - what are the most effective ways to attract new affliates. What sites/directories etc you use to promote your affiliate programs?
    You might find these sites helpful

muncheye.com
    jvnotifypro.com
    Jvzoo.com
    warriorplus.com

Quote Originally Posted by Boris Qs View Post
    You might find these sites helpful

muncheye.com
    jvnotifypro.com
    Jvzoo.com
    warriorplus.com
    Those are only useful for IM related products and not that well enough for niches outside IM. You are better off searching for affiliates through forums as it is free of cost and once you start gaining traction then it's time you start approaching affiliate networks and then chances are they might take your offer and since their affiliate base is big enough...you can surely benefit hugely through this strategy.

I'm new to this, but have been scouring the various forums on this very subject. One of the ways mentioned on various forums was to find super affiliates and contact them direct? As to how that is done, well that's another thing. I have tried directories and to be honest not had any joy.

Yeah, the sites mentioned above really attract a specific type of affiliate which isn't appropriate for most types of programs. I didn't have any luck working with directories either during my AM days. They sound like a good proposition, but after investing a lot of time (and sometimes some money!), few if any results. As I mentioned in the other thread, if you're with a network that has strong, built-in recruitment tools, isn't that a directory as well? One you'd already have access to with pre-screened affiliates?

I have received some of my best partnerships/ "affiliates" from people I originally targeted as prospects .

I forgot who said it but the quote goes something like this " ask for money get a referral, ask for a referral get money " - Unknown

I have found this to be very true in many situations and would always be on the look for this.

For me this was done mostly ultra targeted "cold email " marketing campaigns. I literally landed a partnership deal with a pretty big PR/media company and they paid for part of my advertising and provided many leads for me.

Another tip: listen to Jay Abraham - " preeminence " course. he really goes deep on all this strategic partnership stuff and changes your way of thinking about it all. When I listened, I personally "found" TONS people and business that would directly benefit from my success that I just never thought about before.I can upload in anyone is interested .

Hope this perspective helps & goodluck !

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread