Hi,

I send some loan offers to my mailing list. I have about 300,000 users.

The result is extremely poor, and nobody signup for any free loan quote! Still I receive about 60% junk mail promoting loan programs. If this program is so poor, why so many people still do it? What I did wrong?

How should I promote this?

I don't know how to fully answer your question but I have to say if I get another email/spam for signing up to credit cards and finance offers I'm going to puke.

If people like yourself stuck to making websites instead of sending crap to my email you might do a lot better and at the same time wouldn't be ruining the entire industry with you overly pushed offers.

I don't mean to offend you directly and I don't care if you list is opt in or not as they are usually sold to other lists and we get hundreds of offers ever single day for this junk.

So bottom line is you ruined it for yourself so sleep in the bed you made.

I think you got the wrong idea!!!

I "AM" doing web content and try to do some sales along the articles. I have 3 mil page views, 300,000 newsletter subscribers.

I "TRIED" content-with-ads and I receive ZERO sales. Now I'm testing my mailing list. Hey, what's wrong with newsletter-with-ads? So far, my members all receive newsletter anyway. By the way, how come your email is in my list? I hate it when people try to make assumptions and group others in general without looking into each case. Be more mature will you? :mad:

PLEASE do seperate spammers from content sites like us. I think you too have newsletter unless your web site traffic is simply too small to have one.

So take the content with ads for example, what do you suggest if you could turn 3 mil page views into sales? What if you couldn't, so what do you do? Shut down your web site and give up?

PLEASE, I need suggestions, not hatred or nonsense. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

[ 03-13-2002: Message edited by: hope4you ]

Sorry I didn't mean to sound all pissy

What I was trying to do was get a point across that the reason it doens't work is because of the amount of offers people are already getting.

When I saw your list was 300,000 people I right away thought spam list and that was wrong of me.

I hope you get my point though about why it doesn't work. There are to many of the same offers going out in every list.

Here is the answer IMO

Rather than taking your links from adnetworks like cj or befree or whoever, you need to directly contact merchants for special deals just for your members.

A post in the coupons forum says it all to me.

One of the members posted a coupon for 20% off at shoes.com and you have to use the code lucky when checking out to get it.

At the same time at cj.com we affiliates can get a coupon code for only 10% off. That tells me that lucky magazine is getting exclusive offers and people are going to go with them rather then you or me if we only get them 10% off.

So if you have a large enough membership you need to contact merchants directly so you can get better deals for your members.

The same offers aren't going to fly with so much competition in the field.

Again sorry to sound all pissy in the first post. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    "I "TRIED" content-with-ads and I receive ZERO sales~Hope4you"

That's typical. The only "content" that should be on a REVENUE site is ad copy! I have made long posts in the past but it boils down to the fact that people do not buy things in a library. They buy at stores!

As for a newsletter mailing not working, credit cards/loans are about the most saturated category for newlsetter mailings and stand-alones. Next would be travel, and there's tons of ink places, too!

I would try to get people already looking for a loan. That's not necessarily easy...it's a lot easier for me, anyway, to get highly targeted traffic to other types of things. But targeted traffic that's actually looking to buy/sign up for the product (or loan) at the time they are searching is the kind that converts best. Try to aim at those actively looking as much as possible.

300,000 people viewing ANYTHING is a big deal in the advertising world. That's a larger subscription size than a lot of daily newspapers.

How many people actually see an ad in a newspaper or magazine or even pay attention to them - not a high percentage but enough to keep the publications and some advertisers in business.

The problem with NO sales in affiliate marketing is that all affiliates are doing the same thing - sending virtually free traffic to merchants. If it were me, I'd charge $1 - $2 CPM for a solo ad and sell one ad per week and make $1,200 - $2,400 per month.

ABW Ambassador
    Just wondering, out of 300,000 email subscribers, how many clicked thru to the advertiser?

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread