Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    ASE15 is Over and WAITING to Get Home
    Affiliate Summit East 15 ended yesterday, and after a great and very tiring few days, we' re waiting to get home, but our flight is not until 8:10 pm, so here we sit in the hotel lounge, typing and sipping (well, I'm typing and sipping, MrsHound is taking a nap).

Saw a lot of old friends, and made a lot of new ones, and like always, learned a lot more about the business that I did not know before. Thanks to Tricia Meyer who in her session told us that the newest FTC regs require disclosure statements not just on every page that has affiliate links but ABOVE any links. Thanks to Jim Boykin who told us that the new Panda is on its way. Thanks to Brian Littleton who told us to to not think of the quick buck but rather to focus on the long run - the last 30 days, not the first 30 days (and for another great SAS party). Thanks to Tim Ash who told us to act on what we learned and not to just listen and file it away and maybe do it, sometime, later on (Rats - I didn't get one of his free books this time).

Of course, thanks to Shawn and Missy for another great Summit. But, bring back the Blogger Meet-up that was part of ASW15 (Talking baseball etc. with Shawn at lunch yesterday was a highlight for me as well. But - never got to talk to Missy this Summit ).

Met a lot of potential new ABWers and hope to see you all get active here. And Marty - we're counting on you to help us out!

So, check out time was 11:00. It's now a bit after two, so we've got almost three more hours until heading for JFK. We should be home before 2:00 am.

(MrsH is now awake and reading a book).
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; August 6th, 2015 at 03:49 PM. Reason: typos - thought I had fixed them yesterday
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

2. Thanks From:

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    Great to see you, Phil! Fun game last night - the Yankees bats sure showed up.
    Affiliate Summit - Las Vegas on January 10-12, 2016

So glad that we got to connect again and that I could work ABW into my presentation.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Yea, right, as the Dodgers lost to the PHILLIES (Wood's first start as a Dodger) and the Angels wasted a great game from Matt Shoemaker, losing in 12, 3-0.

But, you better watch out for Toronto - they might have the 3 hot starters that could make a difference with Price and now Dicky pitching really well, plus Buehrle.

Next time I have to tell you the story of a SoCal friend of mine who is such a Yankee fan that he bought an apartment in the Bronx to be near Yankee Stadium, intending to spend the summers there. Did not work out for him.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

Great to see you Tricia (and Mom).

The ABW reference was awesome - thanks so much!.

My former law partner use to say that if you attended a seminar, and learned one key thing, it was worth it. While you had a whole lot of great info to tell us, the FTC point was worth the price of admission.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound View Post
    We should be home before 2:00 am.
    I had that pegged perfectly - the last freeway transition was closed and had to go a mile out of the way and the last four miles on surface streets, getting home just after 2:00 am - would have been just before 2 without that.

Now the big question - how much will I be able to get done today?

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    So fun seeing everyone there! As usual, the days flew by far too quickly. Like Phil, I enjoyed seeing old friends and making new ones. It's always so fun to meet the wonderful new folks that always seem to come to each Summit. Only 157 days until ASW, but who's counting!
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

ABW Ambassador
    newest FTC regs require disclosure statements not just on every page that has affiliate links but ABOVE any links.
    Can you please elaborate on this. So if there are 5 affiliate links on a page(say a blog post), a disclaimer needs to be there above each link?

No, not above each link, just above the first link on each page that has one link or multiple links.

11. Thanks From:

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread