OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    How to incent affiliates??
    I am struggling with what really incentivizes affiliates to go after a brand and really bang up sales. I am talking about affiliates who are making regular sales and what it takes for them to want to double or triple that?

If a merchant offers a 10% commission and average orders are $100 is it enticing for an affiliate to get an extra $10 for 5 sales, 10 sales, etc.

Is it more interesting to offer a tiered bonus like $100 for the top affiliate, $50 for second and $25 for third? To do that since the top affiliates are yards ahead of the next level it would have to be based on percentage of sales increased.

What do you think?

Affiliate Manager
    Good question, I've asked myself this a number of times before. the notion I keep coming back to, that I think you'll agree with, is that affiliates want just want to earn huge amounts of money, quickly and easily. That makes it really challenging to incentivize affiliates to actually go work hard and boost the results, if any, they are currently getting. Honestly, it seems like more of an industry problem. This forum and every other IM forum we see threads titled "How make much monies easy and fast", and we all shake our heads. Those are the type of affiliates who would be interested in an extra $10 for an extra number of sales versus a tiered system. I think a tiered system seems "feels" less attainable to most affiliates.

In my experience the only affiliates I have been able to incentivize to really go above and beyond, are those who I recruited who previously did not do affiliate marketing and are genuinely good people who were blogging as a hobby for example.

Money makes the world go around so I guess you could keep throwing money at it until it starts to take until you find the sweet spot.

I think some people just don't get it though either. Part of our program is super simple, and completely free for consumers, and I have affiliates who don't want to promote it because they don't see the commission opportunity for what its worth to actually drive quality traffic, others, make a couple hundred dollars a day.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Thanks for responding Ryan. Yes the days of get an extra $5 or $10 for your first sale have come and gone. To take an affiliate making a few sales a month to 10 seems easy enough but it would take an extra $100 i.e. double commissions using the example I gave in the first post. Not sure that would sell that well with my merchant.

In the past I have tried giving away the products the merchants sells but not all affiliate want or need more stuff. Money talks but its hard to get affiliates to jump on unless its a huge amount. No easy answer here.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread