ABW Ambassador
    I have mailed this to ask cj and got someone who simply did not understand. Until CJ seperates the domain name that sends clicks and serves banners - sites and CJ are going to lose money. This biggest losers being content sites that reach 18-34yo males. Forget even wasting your time with CJ.

kazzalites hostfile blocking is bigger right now to this demographic than ebates or anyone else. And this is something cj could fix with a snap of their fingers.

keep the old domains active, but also offer people cjclicks.com to send clicks to - just alias the freaking domain. It would take me 10 minutes to make the change - and it would result in 500% more sales.

My traffic is going up on CJ featured sites, and my conversions are going down. It is getting to be a daily occurence to get emails like this:

quote:
    So why does a modified hosts file that blackholes ad servers not work with your site?

Do ad services like the fact that you're attempting to register an ad hit while not actually displaying the ad?

Yes, this ignorant little f*ck thinks he caught me!! ooohhh.... It is for an auction site that sends clicks to ebay. It is sending young males for the most part - with plenty of cash and plenty of want to purchase these items - but they don't get there from me or cj because the kazaalite host file.

AND YES I KNOW THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT THE INCLUSION OF THE HOST FILE. I know that. LISTEN TO ME!!!!!!! That is not what I am asking for. But that host file is designed to block banner ads, I don't use banner ads, I use text ads - but the clicks don't work because the click action uses the same domain as the banner/image server.

IS THERE ANYONE AT CJ THAT UNDERSTANDS THIS?!!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

Chet

Seconded

An easy solution to a problem that denies us access to a significant group - and everyone else who uses their PC.

Are you Crazy?

Hey Chet !

I like your suggestion. Our Client Service department is technical to an extent... and that extent depends upon the person, so you may have spoken to someone a little less technicaly inclined.

Our apologies !

I've submitted your inquiry to our main networkers, who would be able to put a solution in place. I'll bookmark this post and update it with status updates moving forward.

Thanks again !... and again, our apologies for the initial confusion !!

==
    Dylan

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    It would take me 10 minutes to make the change - and it would result in 500% more sales.

Yup.... and it will take the folks at kazalite the same 10 minutes to add the new cjclicks domain to it's blocking list. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea but in my opinion the networks need to be teaming up together to address this in some sort of legal way with a temporary injunction or something.

Otherwise, a dog and cat chase will likely occur with each one changing and blocking.

ABW Ambassador
    happypoon, but if they can keep blocking their banners, but not the clicks - there is no reason for them to add it to the list. The list is just for domains that show the banners. So I would hope they could make the logical conclusion.

chet

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    >Yup.... and it will take the folks at kazalite the same 10 minutes to add the new cjclicks domain to it's blocking list.

Happypoon, you don't understand what's going on here. Not many people do.

I have spoken to Todd about this a while back, and he has passed my suggestions onto the tech guys there.

I'm amazed they haven't actually produced a fix yet. This is traffic going down a BLACK HOLE.

Nobody wins having the click domain the same as the ad serving domain once it gets into the banner blocking host file.

Refer to:http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...052#4856063052

Pestpatrol (sold by many people here) ranks qksrv.net as an "emerging pest".

http://www.pestpatrol.com/Support/St...rgingPests.asp

WE DESPERATELY NEED A REPLACEMENT CJ CLICK DOMAIN THAT WILL NOT BE USED FOR BANNER SERVING.

Jimmy James fan club membership # 3312

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Happypoon,

Here is a page at PestPatrol telling people how to block out CJ served banner adverts:

http://pestpatrol.com/Support/HowTo/..._Block_Ads.asp

Unfortunately, as qksrv.net is used for both banner serving AND clickthroughs, this also effectively blocks that person's computer from responding to any CJ-based text adverts - clicking on CJ links produces a "host not found" response.

All CJ needs to do is change their CLICK THOUGH domain to something else. The ad blockers will still be happy because CJ banners will still not show up, but clicks on text links will WORK FINE.

Why do people have a problem with this? It's FOUND MONEY. For the Affiliate, for CJ AND for the Merchant.

You never know, hopefully it might be part of the CJ6 release.

BUt if so, they have to stop redirecting via commission-junction.com as well, as that's on the ad blocker lists too.

Jimmy James fan club membership # 3312

ABW Ambassador
    That's a top notch notion there Chez Noir . . .
    quote:
    ultraman

posted April 02, 2003 05:49 PM
    Hey Chet !

I like your suggestion. Our Client Service department is technical to an extent... and that extent depends upon the person, so you may have spoken to someone a little less technicaly inclined.

Our apologies !
    Don't apologize . . . just get some real people on board who CAN and WILL handle these things~!

Brian
    aka Cyclone

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room~!

Cyclone wrote:
    quote:
    Don't apologize . . . just get some real people on board who CAN and WILL handle these things~!

I AGREE!!!

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

We are investigating several solutions and will implement something shortly.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread