ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Late Jan early Feb, I addedabout 8 poster store pages from allposters.com
    Most are spidered and made it on google.
    Clicks this month and last on stats is 798.Total sales $0.00

I realize I get a bunch of "tire kickers" coming though to my conteant sports site, but am dissapointed with the results of the pages.
    However,these 8 pages basically doubled my vistors in total over the past 6 weeks. Some do carry on to the other pages. Many just view the posters page and leave according to my stats.
    Is it a worthwhile trade? Or is the end result of 0 sales on a sports site appropriate for 798 clicks.
    Would you think vistors and clicks still need to go higher before any sales normally should take place?
    Any comments and feeback are appreciated.
    Thanks
    WW

ABW Ambassador
    walleye,

I'm getting roughly one sale per 100 clicks with allposters.
    Which is much the same rate as most of the other merchants I use.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't use allposters, but have heard good things about them and have been told they convert well, so I would conclude that the phrases you are optimized for on these pages are not the right ones to bring traffic from people looking to buy posters.

Might be wrong, but that is what I would look at first before anything else.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I'm with Guffy--about a 1% Conversion.

So far I have noticed one thing that seems weird, though--I get a lot of hits to specific posters, but most of the actual buys are coming from the general text links.

It may help to make sure you have some general text links (the ones that go to the front page of AllPosters) along with product links for that merchant.

I'm getting about 1 or 2 sales per month, but I haven't really promoted it. The good thing is, that with the 20% commish and the higher total value of the sales I usually meet the $20.00 minimum payout each month.
    Haven't even touched those pages for over a year, so I guess that's not bad. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Doing about $100 a month commission there and I never bothered looking at the number of clicks. I have five pages all highly customized. I might split them up when I have time.

There seems to be a lot of people wanting dreadful prints of palm trees ATM. In fact, even if it was only $5 a month I'd keep the pages up just for the entertainment!

They mostly go through very general text links, so none of what they buy is My Fault.

I

My conversions at AllPosters are basically dismal, but that's my problem, not theirs. I optimized a bunch of pages for Renaissance art and I get a lots of traffic and click throughs on them. I also get lots of emails from college students wanting to cite my pages and even from college professors correcting my errors. So what's that tell you?

Anyway, I still make enough sales to have made it worth the effort.

I'd say stay away from the Art History 101 crowd unless you like hanging out with that bunch.

You'd probably get the same kind of traffic if you did impressionism, but they might convert slightly better. Most buyers are looking for decoration as well as art, so Monet would do better than Masaccio.

Just checked - my EPC seems to be around $4.20 but I'm not using any scripts and I'm not pushing any of their ready made departments.

Its interesting you get people suggesting corrections. I found a picture the wrong way up and it was only plants. I dread to think how many abstracts this happens to.

I

[ 03-15-2002: Message edited by: Icicle ]

Have to admit to not really looking much at the click through or conversion rate, since it makes money with not much effort.

Some of them have indeed been sports posters, so I must agree with markymark that you should look at the keywords you're getting traffic with and change them to something that will bring in the buyers.

Just looked a little bit at the stats, and my EPC (whatever that's worth [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ) is about $2 over the last 6 months.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread