Helpful Hints From Jimmie Lanley - How To Get Affiliates For Your Products
    Hi Gang,

I am sure there are a handful of posts like this, but in my daily interwebs playing/searching I tend to find some cool, good, insightful, helpful etc... links and posts.
    As I am still technically a newbie in this space, and am trying to get our Affiliate Network up and running, I find the most basic tips helpful!
    Enjoy.

How To Get Affiliates For Your Products:

http://jimmielanley.com/affiliates/

Now if I could find some super affiliates to run our legal offers... we would be in business!

Lead Beacon

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Super affiliates are pretty much a myth. If you think you've found one, you'll find a ton of other folks who are also contacting them, so is there something super extra special that gives them a reason to pick you over someone else?

There's no official definition of super affiliates either. At Affiliate Summit, some people label themselves a super affiliate because they work full-time as an affiliate. At PubCon, don't dare call yourself that unless you gross at least $3M/year. Search for good, steady affiliates who can consistently help your program. Sign many, so that if one leaves you won't be destroyed, because affiliates come and go in a program. You'll probably lose about 10% each year, so you have to replace them as well as add new to keep your program going.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

3. Thanks From:

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    From what I've seen over the years is that anyone who labels themselves with that obnoxious term is one of three things:

1. A con man (or woman) with a scheme;
    2. Has a system to sell; or
    3. Is either wishful or delusional.

Professional, successful affiliates generally keep their success and their "systems" very private.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound View Post
    From what I've seen over the years is that anyone who labels themselves with that obnoxious term is one of three things: 1. A con man (or woman) with a scheme; 2. Has a system to sell; or 3. Is either wishful or delusional. Professional, successful affiliates generally keep their success and their "systems" very private.
    (comment not in English)
    Last edited by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow; August 11th, 2015 at 09:01 AM.

I misspoke - I should have said "super" affiliates... When we really just need good partners to run our offers.

Anyway, the tips were helpful, for a newbie like me and hopefully for others!
    Thanks for your feedback and thoughts.... and any help in recruiting partners in the legal mass tort space is always welcome.

Lead Beacon

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Also keep in mind that even if an affiliate looks good on paper, they may not be successful with your program for countless reasons that have nothing to do with the quality of the affiliate. It's a trial and error process for both sides to see if your product is a good match for their traffic. You'll have to kiss some frogs, but you'll also find some handsome princes!
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

8. Thanks From:

I agree it is a trial and error process on both ends. If an affiliate isn't passionate about the product, they may not be successful. What works for one affiliate may not work for another, each must learn their own approach. I'm not a believer in titles as well, if you do your job well your name will be known.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread