Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    What are your favorite credit card affiliate programs?

I see Nextcard and Am Ex Blue a lot - which others (Capital One, Chase, First USA, U.S. Bank, etc.) are people using, and happy with?

Shawn
    ClubMom

Shawn, from what I use to read on the boards Capital One was a good program. Use to be the best. I don't really push cc too much so I'm not sure if they are still as good. The last time I checked their 7 day stats were way up. Hopefully someone can give you some feedback here.

ABW Ambassador
    Capital One is good - good conversion rate, they have good depth of products with links to each, people know the name, etc. And of course they have a 45 day cookie.

First USA and AMEX also convert pretty well. But not as well as Cap One, probably due to miniscule cookie duration.

I haven't tried Chase.

NextCard is ok too. They have a long cookie. But I don't think they have the best choice of linking options.

The main problem with pushing credit cards is the extremely high level of competition among affiliates for the well known cards Everyone with a cc site is pushing Cap One, AMEX, FirstUSA, and NextCard and competing for keywords.

ABW Ambassador
    I put Amex on a general traffic page on my site just to give people a cozy feeling ... the brand is very recognizable ... and I've probably made a quarter million impression without a single conversion ... now that's competition!

If you're going to push credit cards you better do it with highly targeted (and probably very expensive) traffic.

Johnson & Lane are the best because they pay you on time everytime.

ABW Ambassador
    I have to agree with the Professor ,
    Johnson & Lane is so prompt in payment, it is almost amazing how well they have their act together, and the support is excellent too if you need it.

Gave up with the other cards, and I opted for the $4.50 per application payout, instead of per approved app.

Just seems to work out much better for my site. Of course, pay per sale may be a better solution for another type of content site.

Lisa

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Hey Shawn,

We dropped 1,000,000 next card HTML's before the 'announcement" and did just over 36k on CPA.

I have the contact info and numbers if you like, just PM me or call me tomm. They paid promtly too.

See you in the Bahamas !!

I was just visiting JohnsLane.com and there was not even an online application.

They are really one of the top credit card programs?

Shawn
    ClubMom

I guess the "announcement" is that NextCard has gone belly-up.

Incidentally, NextCards financial woes were discussed on F*ckedCompany quite a long time ago - it's a very useful site for anyone involved in affiliate marketing to keep an eye on.

I've had personal bad experiences with Capital One though - when I was shopping around for credit they were the only people who didn't offer me gold or platinum but though I'd be interested in their special loan-shark-rate high-risk £50-credit-limit special. Hmm.. of course they could be *right* [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Kat -

They do have a page with info about applying (https://www.johnsonlane.com/JLRP/Join.asp?Tag=002401), but it lists criteria, and then says to e-mail them to apply.

Shawn
    ClubMom

My Take.
    1. Fleet
    2. Capital One
    3. Chase
    4. Am Ex
    In that order, are the only US deals worth promoting at present. Things will get better...I hope!

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread