How to get more high quality affiliate publishers?
    Hello everyone,
    We have join SAS for 2 years, we are one of the China online top beads supplier company,at the first year, we didn't do more promotion at our merchant account, but the latest half an year, we do much to improve our merchant,
    now we have 400+ affiliate publishers, but just a little high quality publishers, SAS Advanced Options under People Search is not very useful to us to find quality publisher,how can i find best affiliate publishers for our merchant program?

Thanks in advance for any share

This is a tough question, i run an affiliate program and i have 0 high quality affiliate (my product is very niche market). I think the best way would be to advertise in affiliate forums in various countries (that would mean you would have to write in German, Italian etc..) to really target the people you need to find...

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Have you tried to google for sites selling products like yours then find the ones who are affiliates?

Affiliate Manager
    You will likely not find many, if any, high quality publishers on SAS. You will need to go out and recruit them. Don't waste your time in the Aquarium.

If there are not alot of high quality publishers on Shareasale and we need to recruit outside of their network, what are the best ways to recruit?

our plan has always been to recruit outside of network as well as utilize any affiliates from within their network. Right now we are still in our beginning stages with affiliate marketing, but have seen some success with the SAS network on it's own. It would be interesting to know what other strategies we can employ that we are not now.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    RyanC's opinion is his own based on his personal experience which he has discussed here in detail.

SAS has been voted here as the BEST affiliate network something like 9 of the last 11 years, and is home to THE VERY BEST OF AFFILIATES. From the Affiliate side I do not know how recruiting affiliates really works in detail through SAS or any other network, or why his particular experience has not worked better (his specific niche, perhaps?) but as far as SAS not having "high quality publishers" that is so far beyond absurd words cannot adequately dispute it. Search "Shareasale" or "SAS" here and you'll see.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Thanks Phil! We have not had a bad experience with the affiliates we have recruited. I was more curious about some tactics that have been employed to grow and manage better affiliates - either within or outside of the network. Different strategies for both. As stated our goal is to work within and outside the network as I believe there is value both ways.

Is it worth it to promote through SAS paid options? I am a bit suspect of them but I am assuming that they must work in some ways? What about results from advertising our program on the site here? Any positives / negatives?

And I am not trying to

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Here is a reference I referred to on post #3: http://www.googleguide.com/advanced_...reference.html It takes some use to get these down and I use inurl and intitle. You could look up a competitor you know has an affiliate program then try to find affiliates for that merchant based on the merchants ID in the affiliate links. Its not easy to do but can yield some great results.

Affiliate Manager
    I want to clarify what I mean when I say "high quality" publishers, and should have from the beginning. For my program we are looking to drive in the 1-3 millions hits a month number for targeted traffic who convert at "typical" eCommerce numbers - 1-3%. In my experience, sas's publishers who drive large amounts of traffic are coupon sites, we don't offer coupons, so I have little to no interest in coupon partners and don't see that changing. As far as content marketers, paid search providers, and authority sites, we see very few of them in SAS's network. Our partner traffic ratio is currently more than 300 to 1 from recruits vs SAS network partners.

SAS in comparison to most other networks, is much better as a whole, but for our needs, they don't perform and that's why we are looking away from SAS to build out our own in-house program. The OP has stated hes not seeing network results either, to me, if he/she wants results, they will look outside the network and recruit bloggers, authority sites, and others, as well as working on rev-share deals.

"The Aquarium" is SAS's in-network recruitment tool, Brian himself has said is virtually useless. In this thread - http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showt...m-for-a-minute you can see what I'm talking about.

If the OP isn't seeing network success, they need to go out of the network to find success.
    We have done three of the "paid promo options" on ShareASale and have not had success.

The key to managing affiliates and partners is communication. Build a relationship, communicate, set goals, reward partners when goals are reached, and keep pushing. If you think of it as from the perspective of employer and employee, treat partners as you would employees, you will have success. Everyone of my affiliate partners has my contact info and can contact me anytime. They all have access to tons of creative and I have monthly calls, preset with many of the larger partners.

It's relationship, its that simple. Take care of the relationship and he partners will take care of you.

10. Thanks From:

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    RyanC,

I disagree with you on the statements, but the strategy you have I would agree with you. Recruitment is critical, and hard for everyone - It's really just math as there are so many programs looking to recruit high quality content sites, and every Merchant thinks that their offer/site/program is the best but to be 100% honest that is not always the case. Retailers, in my opinion, need to greatly step up their game in commission % to play in this arena. Commission percentages that are designed for the masses, will not work when recruiting the highest quality publishers.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Affiliate Manager
    Brian I want to be clear, I have nothing against you, or your organization. Our merchant development woman was frustrating but that's besides the point. You're running a fine business over there and are a major player in the industry. Just like you mentioned commission percentages that are designed for the masses will not work when recruiting the highest quality publishers, not all systems will work for all merchants. In our case its simply a bad fit. My statements in this thread are a reflection of our experience, because that's the experience my organization has had with ShareASale.

We simply haven't seen any publishers drive substantial clicks, that are not coupon affiliates. If there are big content sites, you're welcome to send me the URL's

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread