All,

Input needed on the proposed TrueTracker(TM)!

Merchant side: http://abestweb.com/tt/merchantratecard.htm

Affiliate side: http://abestweb.com/tt/affspecs.htm

... as you can see will will be an incubator for some ... and established and true tracker for REAL merchants ... it will be our goal to incubate the smaller ones (while watching them) into real merchants ... I doubt we'll get eBay or MLB ... but we'll track the ones we do get and all affiliates will be paid for real sales, leads or traffic, if not ... we have safeguards built into the system and will pay for deactivations and merchant fraud reports and clicks to affiliates! All input on fee /comm structures and plans appreciated!

Haiko

Yo, Haiko

When do you go live...I'm in as a merchant for two accounts.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    My opinion
    Make it $25 not $50 first payment.
    Is the emailing feature merchants are allowed let them get our e mail addresses even if not in their program? Basically, no spamming us once they have paid for and gotten our addresses previously?
    Just my first impressions, will look at further if needed.
    WW

Sounds like a great idea to me Haiko, heres hoping you can get some sports merchants with reasonable prices that don't belong to Globalsports.

Maybe the first payment of $50.00 is a bit high for the smaller affliates but I guess at least they will know they will eventually get it.

I look forward to seeing your merchants.
    OOPS!! I forgot
    Will you be allowing product links?

[ 03-25-2002: Message edited by: Gordon ]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Okay, you asked for it!!

First, words like "True" in the name of a company give me the WILLIES!! Sorry, but a company that doesn't assume people will trust them usually has a reason... and very few will know that the reason is questions about other companies' tracking!

AFFILIATE SIDE:

Come on, you can beat $1.00/referral...

Hey, quicker payments!

First check delay

How about MINIMUM 10% COMMISSION??

No minimum cookies?

I didn't see "guaranteed payment"...did I miss it or is the risk indeed still On Us?

PayPal: The sign of a Not Ready for Prime Time Network. Brrrr....

MERCHANT SIDE:

Hey, only a $10.00 Fraud/Reactivation Fee for a Silver account!

Just what is all that much better about the higher levels of accounts? It seems that the lower levels are a stellar deal despite the marginally higher transaction fees!

And the fraud/reactivation fees are a positive DEAL for crooks at the lower levels! It doesn't cost us any less time, effort, or money to promote a Silver merchant. Those fraud/reactivation fees should be the same across the board! Plus $10 isn't punitive AT ALL...at least not in a new network where there won't be that many affiliates involved! In fact, IT'S A DEAL compared to some of my normal sale commissions!

Also it looks like merchants get multiple chances to be reactivated! Yo-yo Link Syndrome needs to be eliminated...merchants should only get a certain number of deactivations per year, for good reasons only, and then BYE!

The per-click fraud fee sounds good...until I imagine programs that should have paid per sale suddenly mutating into per click programs! Then :eek:

ONLY A 20% DEPOSIT?? What happens when some place pulls an IDT and leaves you holding a big bill?

Um, what's the True TRAFFIC home page? Is that different from True Tracking?

That's what I can see so far...

I'm with Wonder Woman on all her ideas except the Pay Pal part and amount of referral part.

Pay Pal makes it easy to pay people and save money in check writing.

If you keep the referral part at $1.00, you need to raise the second tier payout to 10%.

I'd also make it mandatory for companies to have at least a 45 day cookie and have a minimum payment against commissions paid out.

For example, if I send 1,000 click thrus to
    Leader's compost page and I do not earn at least $10, then Leader would either have topay $10 or the difference between what I made and $10. If I made more than $10 it's a mute point and does not apply.

This set up would rig the deal so those who are simply using the affiliate programs for branding would have to pay something for the
    'eyeballs.'

In the Leads area, what counts as a lead is
    name, address, phone and email address - nothing else.

The name should be something like LinkPartners or something that makes it crystal clear it's a partnership, not just a
    merchant rip off scheme like Snare and BeFree.

"Payment Options Paypal (or similar) , Direct Deposit (soon)"

Haiko,

I don't see any check payment option, is it by mistake or are you not going to pay by check?? :confused:

Regards,
    Pranav Chavda,
    HotHRD Placements.

WW,

The email blast will be opt-in of course, no merchant spamming!

The $50 isn't that high and is comparable to individual merchant programs, we will consolidate the payments.

--------------------
    Gordon,

Yes we will have product links [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I look forward to seeing some merchants besides Fred :P (J/K)

--------------------

Leader,

I guess it's like when a salesman says "let me tell you honestly" :P (like he has been lying up until then) , but I like the name and it is "catchy", I don't really seeing a negative connotation with it.

Affiliate Side:

Actually no I can't pay more than the $1.00! There are many affiliate recruiting scams out their that have "robbed" CJ out of $40K each time! The $1.00 is a courtesy ... the 5% is the money!

First Check delay ... even CJ does that .... here I am stating how long instead of leaving it up to guessing. Alslo we need to quadruple check for fraud on all new affiliates.

Comms and cookies are merchant specified ... but I will try to maintain at least 30 day cookie.

Payment is guaranteed!

The paypal is not for lack of .... the rationale is two fold:
    1. Security for us
    2. Requests by affiliates.

Merchant side:

There are many reasons to have three levels ... of merchants ... two of which are:
    1. To blatantly expose the pikers from the real ones
    2. To allow smaller cos to grow into better page placement and higher revs

A merchant can only be reactivated three times then they are out! Also they would drop a level in the process.

I agree the $10 isn't enough ... I'll fix that!

The deactivation PPC is just a stop loss for affiliates until the merchant is reactivated it is not for an extended period.

The 20% deposit seems fair enough but it might be low ... I will have low balance indicators on the merchant pages also.

I know TrueTraffic, but TrueTracker has nothing to do with them.

--------------------

Fred,

merchant rip off scheme? geez!

--------------------

Pranav,

I want to stay away from Checks as much as possible! Waaaaaay to many scams with them, including washing!

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    walleye
    by the time i've paid all the bank charges for converting to £'s my $25 is only now worth $15 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Haiko,
    Will there be an option for affiliates to choose a higher ammount before payout. Similar to CJ's method. eg. $100, $250, and so on.

Guffy,

Yes there will be

Haiko

Haiko,

Who is responsible for affiliate fraud? If a merchant is getting ripped off by the latest scheme and it goes undetected for any amount of time who will recover those losses and how?

Especially considering the paypal and 15 day payment periods.

I know this is the concern of any ad network but I'm curious about what solutions you've come up with.

Heyder,

Affiliate fraud is our obligation to catch, in conjunction with the merchants.

I will have some (confidential) methods inplace that will identify them immediately.

Haiko

Haiko,

I'm not interested in ripping off merchants...if you make the 45 day cookie and 10% commission or a 5% commission with say a $2 to $5/sale bonus mandatory with no way for the merchant to drop a cookie after a sale, I can live with the bad closing rates.

As for the name TrueTracker LinkPartners would say it all.

Otherwise it looks good.

Haiko,

If you are not sending cheques, what about international affiliates??

Paypal is available only in a few countries and I'm sure that you won't be able to direct deposit money to every bank in every country.

Regards,
    Pranav Chavda.

Fred,

Although the network will be affiliatecentric, it will have advertisers that choose not to have longer cookies or offer more than 5% .... that is not my doing, we can't tell a business how to run their business, we can advise, but that is all.

----------
    Pranav,

I will be very selective in who I accept into the network [as an affiliate] as it is my but on the line .... not the scammers (BTW - I have a large DB of many of them already!).

Haiko

Haiko,

I didn't get you.

I was asking about the checks, how will you pay international affiliates?

Regards,
    Pranav.

Pranav,
    http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr...ntries-outside

I will hand select affiliates not in these countries to get checks based on their sites and other screening mediums.

Haiko

Haiko,

I'm with Pranav on this, I just won't be able to sign up your program if the only payment option available to international affiliates is PayPal, which is not available in my country.

Maybe there's some other way? Like making payments to my ClickBank account? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Cheers,
    TianTian

Haiko,

Yes, That is a nice idea! ( hand-picking affiliates to send cheques to )

Regards,
    Pranav.

TianTian,

I would avail all options ... clickbank, c2it, paypal etc, but I really want to stay away from checks .... I, of course, would approve you for manual checks.

Haiko
    PS. I will have a note section to the merchants on all affiliates ... to add valuable info that will get them approved (if they wouldn't be other wise)

[Added the PS]

[ 03-25-2002: Message edited by: Haiko ]

Thanks, Haiko.

Cheers,
    TianTian

I like to deal in cash Haiko [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    I don't supose you could pop over to Edmonton with a wheel barrow full every month could you ? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

PS put a net over so the notes don't blow off [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Haiko,

It's your choice EXACTLY what merchants can do or not do - you make the rules. Either they play or don't play.

I can see 5% as a minimum because some discounters can't really pay more.

The Wall Street Journal tells you what it costs and what you can't say and either you
    live with it or go advertise somewhere else.

You need to do the same thing. You need to say -

If you want access to our top quality affiliate sites, here's the minimum rules you must follow. If these rules are unacceptable to you - thankjs for your interest and good luck.

45 day cookie with NO off switch or bust

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread