ABW Ambassador

I remember getting an email a month or so ago from them stating how they were going to do away with the bogus "free offers" and offer higher quality offers....ha ha what a joke.

Have you seen their newest offerings from "TheFreeSite.com"?

Free Jelly Beans - they collect your visitors email, then send them off to Jelly Belly where of course unless your visitor is really lucky they receive this message:

"Sorry - We're not open now. You're too late for today's survey."

because.....this offers been around forever and your visitors certainly don't need to go through Thefreesite.com and give their emails out to be sold to get it!

Two other offers -- the bounty napkins and the rembrandt toothpaste is the same scam!

TheFreeSite has no special relationship to these products and these offers are always available! geesh....

Fineclicks links are off my site forever! Loser offers that only reflect badly on those of us who offer them to our visitors.

They've been off my site for awhile. The free software offers were the nail in the coffin, and my lack of ability to convert leads, of course.

ABW Ambassador
    I know, I haven't run any of their offers on my site for a few months, but since the email I referred to in my first post, I have been periodically checking out their new offers.

This just cinched what I had believed already.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    FREE=spam & parasite warez ...period. Under every FREE rock lies a spamming troll.

Call me stupid, but I've still got one offer from them. It pays $37 per sale and I get about one a month. I tried a per click offer that at first converted well. All of a sudden no revenue. I tested the link and it shows as active in stats, but it sends you to Vista Print which is an entirely different merchant. I have a question about it on their message board, but so far the question has been ignored by the powers that be.

The thing I don't understand is that when FineClicks first started all of these people came out of the woodwork saying this Chet guy was the best thing since sliced bread. Maybe all those positive statements where planted. :rolleyes:

ya know, i read a lot of posts here and you guys are always smacking on chet. why is that?
    he is never late on payments, he is an ethical guy and ya his network has some crappy offers, but what network doesnt?
    how bout all those other networks that have seemingly great offers that for some reason never convert? ya, dont think that the big important merchants dont cheat and be sneaky. it is really up to the affiliate which offers to run and which ones stink.
    i think you guys are forgetting something and that is... do you get paid when you send someone directly to that jellybean place??? no, sure an offer may seem cheezy but more often than not, without that merchant, you wont even get paid and themerchant cant pay you without some sort of action.
    have any of you even bothered to speak with chet directly or do you just like the gossip here?

knucklehead,

Chet is an ABW member, not a prolific poster, but still a member.

No one has "Slammed" Chet here ... he just has NEVER stepped up to the plate!
    (I have emailed him many times, but I give up on ppl who don't even bother to answer after multiple requests).

Haiko

Quote from knucklehead:
    quote:
    have any of you even bothered to speak with chet directly or do you just like the gossip here?

Quote from me:
    quote:
    I have a question about it on their message board, but so far the question has been ignored by the powers that be.

Since Chet is very active on his message board I would say my quote above qualifies as a yes. Yes, I have asked Chet about a problem. BTW as of yesterday afternoon, the perclick offer still shows as active (expires 12/16/2002) but still sends you to the wrong merchant and gives no revenue per click. It makes me wonder if it is a system glitch or the the possibility the per click offer is owned by the second merchant. Although that did not appear to be the case when the per click offer worked right. It's been over a week since I first noticed the problem and it would be nice to get an answer.

knucklehead, of course you are right, we have the power to pick and choose Merchants and that's what I do. It would just be nice to get some response when you bring up a problem. But then lack of response is the reason I never email CJ, only use the phone.

I happen to respect anyone who starts an affiliate network. God knows I wouldn't want to deal with irate affiliates and irate merchants and trying to make it all work. It's tough enough being on this side of the fence.

I got an answer from someone who's profile said he was a FineClicks programmer. Well, it was sort of an answer. He listed the possibilities, but couldn't tell me definitively whether the guys in question where active or not. Hmmmmmmmm, I'm a programmer and I can tell you exactly what my data says. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

BTW, in case someone such as knucklehead is wondering, I haven't run the offer since I first noticed the problem.

funny, theres a big fat CJ banner rotating at the top of this page right now!
    lol

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread