It seems some merchants are very excited about the new 6.0 upgrade. Many have already begun their ritual of not reporting any sales during downtime a whole day early. Not all merchants have caught on to this sly move but most have I think.

ABW Ambassador
    Very poor sales today across all networks. Traffic down a little.

ABW Ambassador
    No sales for 12 hours either. Looks like its free advertising time again.

Beginning to feel stats withdrawal symptoms

Well, we durned tootin' better find those sale restored Monday or CJ will have some explaining to do.

Things never seem to really catch up when they do this bullroar.

This happens much too often. Do they make money from all this fiddling around or what? 'Cause they sure aren't improving things for us.

Why can't they decide what they want to accomplish and get it done with? This is unacceptable. How many times has it been in the last six months, anyway?

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I got decent sales today. Unfortunately, a bunch of reversals also made it through just fine! I guess the merchant didn't want to risk not being able to hit that REVERSE button for an entire weekend!

quote:
    Beginning to feel stats withdrawal symptoms

Yeah...me too. And it's not even down yet! I hate to imagine what it'll be like when it *is*...

-I've been a king, and I've been a pauper, and everything there is in between ~fairly old country song

Best of day of April so far, even with the 3 reversals.

quote:
    Originally posted by Heyder:
    It seems some merchants are very excited about the new 6.0 upgrade. Many have already begun their ritual of not reporting any sales during downtime a whole day early. Not all merchants have caught on to this sly move but most have I think.

I tend to agree....and to make sure I don't loose any sales already recorded, I just downloaded in Excel format all sales from this month and last. When the new CJ 6.0 comes up, I want to verify all sales to make sure none were lost.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

quote:
    Many have already begun their ritual of not reporting any sales during downtime a whole day early. Not all merchants have caught on to this sly move but most have I think.

CJ has a moral and probable legal responsible to ensure that this does not happen.

What steps has CJ taken to guard against this?

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    What steps has CJ taken to guard against this?
    What's the matter? Isn't their statement "tracking will not be affected" enough to ensure and assure you they are out FOR our better intersts?

Brian
    aka Cyclone

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room~!

Face it people: CJ is going to do what they want to do, when they want to do it, and for whatever reason they choose to do it. And we all agreed to it when we signed up.

Do you really think they care what Publishers think? Nah. Actions speak louder than words, and CJ's recent changes show how they truly feel. They have been and will continue to remove features that were helpful to Publishers, all under the guise of it wasn't accurate, isn't really helpful, or there isn't enough disk space to provide it any longer.

As Publishers, the only way we can make a point about how wrong this is is to let the Advertisers who pay CJ to be in the network know how much more difficult our job is going to be without these features. They have to understand that this will hit the bottom line for them as well as for us, since we'll be sending good traffic to bad merchants without knowing it.

It seems CJ's honest Advertisers should be very unhappy about CJ hiding poor performing product links from scam merchants under the "Product Catalog 1" label, as well as the upcoming change to the chargeback statistic.

Face it: these changes make it easy for thieving merchants to steal good traffic and conceal transactions. Honest merchants get lost in the fog, instead of standing out.

And good traffic that could have gone to an honest merchant goes to one of the scammers.

We all lose! (Everyone except the scammers and parasites, that is...)

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

And CJ making all that money on transactions that would have been free traffic to the merchant. And, selling our hours, labor and lives to merchants that they KNOW won't make us any money but hiding which ones they are from us so they can collect the merchant's fees. Remember the good ol' days when they used to say, "We don't make any money unless you do"? Hah, they don't even bother to try to fool us with that one any more.

Oh, baloney on CJ. As far as I am concerned, unless they do a very quick about face, they are no longer relevant in the affiliate marketing business. I am busy putting up an indy, right now. I recommend you spend your time doing the same.

ABW Ambassador
    I may be the only sunny, optomistic , rose -colored eyeglass-wearing type here,

But ...I have this strong feeling that there are a few nice "surprizes" in store for us , and we will actually be happy with some of the new changes .

Also, I'm not giving up hope YET for the sales that were obviously extremely delayed from yesterday for most of the day .

They just HAD to begin tinkering around with some things from around 10:00 AM California time yesterday , more than likely to get a head start on the official "down time" , to avoid all of us from moaning, groaning and complaining if things took longer than 16 hours as promised .

I hope I'm right and tommorrow morning the sun will shine once again on the CJ interface and a whole new world of reports we can actually use will be there waiting for us along with our lost sales from yesterday.

From your mouth to Her ear!

Advertisers do not turn off their tracking during scheduled downtime. CJ is continuing to track and if an advertiser tried to stop reporting sales/leads during the downtime, we would see it and take action.

Also, remember, if CJ doesn't capture the txn, we do not get a txn fee. It is in our best interest to ensure that all advertisers are tracking sales and leads.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

ABW Ambassador
    quote:

WHAT ?

SSanf , what is that supposed to mean ?

That goes straight to my mental block with other riddles and silly sayings like :

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush .
    and ...
    A rolling stone gathers no moss.

I'm excited, I can see the changes already

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

HEY!!!
    Who let you into my account!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    I didn't want my earnings to get out!

Game on!!!!

Popdawg,

How is it your CJ screen looks just like mine???

Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

ABW Ambassador
    Haiko, you just made me try to login , but it's still broken

Grrrr.... 10p.m CJ time , is way past my bedtime .

quote:

May the God/dess hear what you say and agree with it.

ABW Ambassador
    I cannot wait to see this round of improvements. From what I understand there are a whole new slew of complex features for deal-making...which excites me and should make the network sales battles even more exciting to watch.

In terms of stats being offline- I advise people to do what normal people do- take a break, go see sunlight for the first time in probably six months, take a walk, or perhaps water your house plants that may be suffering because you spend on all day checking stats.

Watching stats is important, but over focusing on them can make one lose focus!

Get a little rest and relaxation or spend the time doing mainteance on sites or new deals if you must work!

regards,
    Wayne

Wayne Porter
    V.P. Product Development
    AffTrack LLC.
    http://www.afftrack.com
    http://www.revtrends.com
    Get a free two-week trial use code ABWEB at RevTrends.com

Wayne,

We just remember the other upgrades and it is exactly because of those previous experiences that we are so anxious to see our stats....to make sure, just maybe this time, they are all there.

LOL...I typed a whole page of other comments but thought better of it and just now erased all of them before hitting the Post Now button. You really don't want to get me started!!!!!

ABW Ambassador
    SSanf ,

Okay, I get it .
    No wonder I didn't get it, that was a witches spell.

Hope it works

Just to clarify myself from the first post. I don't think CJ has anything to do with non reporting during anticipated downtime but I've seen enough to be nearly convinced that it does happen.

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread