I finally got a check today from a company for commission I earned last November...BUT they didnt sign the check!!! What do I do? Has this ever happened to anyone else?

ABW Ambassador
    I haven't had that happen, but I did receive a check once made out to the wrong person (my dollar amount though). I called and said "fix this now" and they said "send the check back to us and once we have the bad check back, we'll fix it". It took another phone call (to a different person) to make them understand that I felt it important that they bloody well send a check THAT DAY and I would bloody well send the bad check back at the same time.

I strongly recommend using the phone (not email) for this sort of problem.

Some guys will do anything to postpone paying [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] Fortunately for us CJ must rate amongst the best payers.

Now hit that sales switch for me Todd [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Most companies use an automated check signer and sometimes things slip through. I once received an unsigned check from a major player in the affiliate world. When I called them on the phone to speak to their accounting department about this, they were surprised and they said to send it back to them (I made a photocopy first). They said they would sent me a replacement. They promptly sent me a new check that was signed.

Another affiliate company that I was dealing with showed on their stats page that they sent me a commission check (although I never received any check). When I enquired about it they said their accounting department is looking into it. All subsequent emails to them went unanswered.

If you don't trust the company, remove the links ASAP. If it looks like an honest mistake, keep your links online.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corp
    per: David Cusimano

If memory serves me correctly (I used to work in a bank 20 odd years ago), You can
    sign the back of it and under it write
    "guarantee signature" which means you
    guarantee that the company will accept the check to pay.

Ask someone at your bank -- preferably
    Not a teller -- they usually don't know
    this.

Anne [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I get something similar to that with the two signature lines and one of them being blank. What I always do (and I'm sure it's not legal but if you earned the money anyway, I see no reason not to) is maked a scribble on their signature line. Deny signing it if anyone asks. The checks always go thru and have yet to hear back.

The way I see it, if you send the check back you could be playing a pawn to their game. After all, I doubt they can make a case against you if they actually owed you the money.

I sent the check back with a note asking them to sign it and to send it back to me. I am hoping it was a mistake..that it slipped by.

If memory serves me correctly (I used to work in a bank 20 odd years ago), You can
    sign the back of it and under it write
    "guarantee signature" which means you
    guarantee that the company will accept the check to pay.

that is very true, better hope they have the funds though!

i remember last year jobsonline was nearly infamous for not signing their affiliate checks and try getting a replacement out of them!

Just an update...I mailed the check back with a friendly little note asking for a signiture, and I got it back on friday..signed! I should get other check next week for december...can't wait to see if its signed or not [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread