Hey for follow webmasters I'm doing awesome with several affiliate programs. if you are having trouble making money. Contact me at jasonco@freebiesforever.com and I would love to help you make $. Anyone here from cj.com's old message board? Besides Haiko:0). Hey Haiko hows it going?
    Hey is anyone using focalex.com? there slow in updating there stats?

Jason

[url="http://www.freebiesforever.comhttp://www.freebiesforever.comFreebies Forever

Jason,

Let me know when you make $30K in one month.

Jason,

On these boards we like to discuss everything out in the open. If you truly are sincere with your offer to help us make more money, then please post your advice for all to see. This prevents inocent people from being scammed and it allows all of us to collectively give our input on every topic. Chances are, whatever advice you have to offer, someone else here has had positive and/or negative experience in that same area. It's important to us to hear what everyone has to say. Otherwise, why bother having a forum in the first place?

That may be true. Anyway the best way to get your visitors to come back to your site is by offering bargains and freebies that are updated frequently. I have offers that are updated on my site every week. and Am getting sales. Try to offer products that are very price low. you might not make a lot at first but it adds up. Also I made $7 in 2 days from one affiliate program. go to freebiesforever.com and go to the link that says

"Weekly blowout specials on software and games!"(also known as software outlet) you get 5% of your refferals sales for life. Please go to my site and click on the link so I get credit for referring you. That's if you actually want to sign up... Anyway I have really quit focusing on making a huge site and getting people to sign up for my rewards program(newsletter). I'm also making $ from searchfeed.com with a search engine service I set up. Anyway I'm not making $30,000 yet but it's getting better:0).

Jason

Hey Jason,
    Welcome back. Yes, there are a lot of us CJU survivors. Even Don Steitz showed up here recently.

$7, huh? I think that was one commission out of a bunch of mine today....

cool, Good to see everyone here. I will be posting here quite a bit now.

Jason
    http://www.freebiesforever.com

Hey Jason. Welcome! Yup there are alot of us from CJ here. Just under some different nic names.

ABW Ambassador
    Wow Jason, you finally found us - I was one of the first few to wash asure after the CJU board sunk. Good to see you. Umm $7 in 2 days - Freebie sites don't tend to do very well do they.

Jason,

Glad to see you finally made it over ... Welcome!

It's going Great!

Haiko

Yeah, I'm changing my site to a bargains site, with coupons and stuff. and stuff to sell, hopefully it will do better.

LOL: Cool.. I'm getting more signups for my affiliate program though affiliatefind.com

Jason
    http://www.freebiesforever.com

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Umm $7 in 2 days - Freebie sites don't tend to do very well do they.

Well Jada I will have to disagree. It's time versus money. I have a freebie site, updated weekly. I spend 4 hours per month on it and it makes way more than $7 per day.

I know of a few freebie websites that make a couple thousand per month or more.

Sales is where the money is though. But it goes back to the "find something you love, and it will grow." So if Jason loves Free Stuff, he'll make money eventually. Everyone starts out some where, and grows from there.

ABW Ambassador
    Welcome Jason...

I used to kid you because you always ended your posts with "Oh well ... Thats my 2 cents"

Now you have an icon for that [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Oh well ... Thats my

Dave

ABW Ambassador
    CanFree - It was sort of a question not an as a matter of fact type statement. I was asking "Do They?"

ABW Ambassador
    Jada, in my experience...freebie sites require 100% more updating (work) and earn me about 5% of what sales sites do.

The only reason I've continued my newsletter and site is because it was my first site and I have made a lot of friends from my mailing list and forums.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    I was asking "Do They?"

Sorry, but without the question mark it looks like a statement.

Ms Mary
    quote:
    freebie sites require 100% more updating (work) and earn me about 5% of what sales sites do.

a General Freebie site . Oh yea, tons of work, I couldn't imagine keeping up with one of those. But the secret is broken down. Pick one type of freebie catagory. Free catalogues, free magazines something but specific. Then there's no work. Update Weekly. And Enjoy the cash flow. I guess it works likes sales. Versus a shopping mall, with tons of work, versus tons of mini sites.

Since I'm in both kinds. Here's my experience. Freebie sites, great upfront cash, you can get minimums way faster than sales. You can see a profit quicker, because you'll have leads trickling in daily.

Sale sites. Fewer transactions, sometimes larger sometimes not, takes a while to get established, and takes more effort to get people to trust to buy from your site, But Once that is covered, it is way better than a freebie site. It's getting over the hurdle that's the hard part. This is what I found with the sites I created.

dhelle- Thanks for the 2 cents icon:0) LOL.

Oh well thats' my 2 cents.:0). Just kidding.. that must be getting a little old now,

Jason

Jason. Help me make more money! Whats your favorite affiliate program? Any troubles getting paid? Is $7 in 2 days considered good?

well, one thing is for sure...
    jason is sticking it out. i made quite a bit of money with my free stuff sites but woke up one day and said "this is stupid"!
    way too much work.
    same offers everywhere else. so much spam out there that no one even bothers to read emails anymore

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    "Versus a shopping mall, with tons of work,~CanFree"

There doesn't HAVE to be "tons of work" with mall sites! In fact, if there WAS tons of work, I would have set up a different kind of site instead long ago. It can be almost NO work at all (once it's set up)!!

Here's some work-saving tips...

Use lots of software and SSI to make all the changes you can. Like if you have a lot of pages from one merchant, put their banner in an SSI file and then if the merchant expires it, it's no big deal. One change and you're set. Automate everything that you can--ie, use software to find/replace, use SSI, etc. so you don't have to spend more than a few minutes on just changing stuff.

Also stay away from product links except from merchants that can keep theirs accurate. Make a test page/just watch them until you are sure. And read this board! Any merchant that gets cussed out a lot for having bad/dead/miscategorized/ otherwise spaghetti-tized product links...don't run any product links from them! Just use the regular banners/text links for those merchants, if you really want to promote them.

And don't use too many product links than you can easily keep track of. It's too easy for that to turn into a big mess!

That's about it...95% of the energy spent on a mall site should be toward finding MORE stuff to promote and promoting that, rather than on maintenance tasks.

The 5% of energy is for an occasional tuneup. Every 4-5 months or so I go through and systematically "tune up" the sites. That's like spring/fall cleaning. I broom out the dud merchants, switch the banners that don't work anymore (sometimes--if people will reliably click a text link instead then forget it...), and change any obvious keyword optimization errors (like from targeting the wrong phrase).

Other than that, don't sweat it if a dead banner is hanging around "out back" somewhere. The Law of Diminishing Returns makes it unworth it to go through many pages looking for that kind of thing often. If CJ makes it easy by flagging an Invalid Link, that's different...they've saved you the hunting time. Other than that, if the link is in such an obscure place that you can't find it easy, chances are that not many viewers are finding it either.

Hi all, I am new to this forum and I see that there is some great conversation going on. I am Nick, a member of The Focalex Affiliate Team. How y'all doing?

There is much more that $7 in a day to be made at Focalex. We have a huge network of freebie sites, as well as others, like small business and itpros. Hey Jason, I am sorry you experienced slow statistical updates - that is *not* a normal occurrence. Focalex has real-time reporting.

We are a very beneficial program, and if you have the traffic, we'll cut the check - guaranteed each month as long as the minimum payout is met!

I feel, because of the market trend, that an invaluable quality of an affiliate program is reliability. It's nice to see revenue accruing within the member login area of any program, it is even nicer to actually (and consistently) receive that payment.

It has been nice, and you'll be seeing me here more often. Thanks and regards,

Nick Goldman, nickg-abw@focalex.com

Sorry guys, I accidentally posted the same message twice and I thought it may be interpreted as malicious - I wouldn't do such a thing.

Have a nice day.

Nick
    [ 04-09-2002: Message edited by: FocaNickG ]

[ 04-09-2002: Message edited by: FocaNickG ]

ABW Ambassador
    Welcome, Nick!

Everyone: I've been a Focalex affiliate for... a couple of years now? close to that anyway, and they do pay like clockwork. I don't even promote them heavily, but they're the last remaining "not directly related to my content" program I have on my Content Site.

They got to stay because they're no work and they pay. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread